NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail, hospitality, telecom and technology industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 34,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
TITLE: Customer Engineer II Install Team
LOCATION: Virginia Beach, VA
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Incumbent is responsible for the successful installation of NCR and/or 3rd party solutions for medium to large sized customers, including hardware and software implementations, while ensuring customer satisfaction and quality.
- Position is responsible for providing installation activity, preventative maintenance services and hardware repairs on equipment within an assigned territory/region or outside of servicing area.
- Primary services may include hardware maintenance, network management, multi-vendor maintenance and software integration support. This may include site preparation, equipment staging, software configuration, and conversion of hardware solution.
- As CE Representative II, successfully complete all implementation activities assigned with assistance from other team members in a moderately complex environment. Complexity is defined by project scope requirements (# of lanes/terminals), integration of hardware components and level of risk.
- Provide continuity of customer operations and high levels of customer satisfaction; Manage customer incidents as assigned; Build working relationships with customers and develop informal communication channels with account team.
- Responsible for ownership of all customer issues/needs that are voiced or observed and acts appropriately; may provide support to Associate Customer Engineer and/or NCR Account Team Representative/Service Technician Tech when necessary.
- Works as a member of extended Account Team and other internal organizations.
- May conduct end-user training at a customer site.
- May assist in developing documentation related to configuration and/or installation manuals.
- Position may be required to coordinate activities across multi-functional teams, including IT, Operations, Sales Support, Customer Support and Help Desk Support.
- Understand and perform various customer Service Level Agreement (SLA) requirements and elevate or escalate issues when appropriate, and/or according to established procedures.
- Represent NCR in a manner that reflects positively on the image and reputation of the company. Ensure customer satisfaction by maintaining a proactive approach with internal teams and customers.
- Verify that the site environment meets the requirements prior to installation or rollout; Install customer systems according to the installation plan, certify that the installation or setup of the product meets customer's requirements.
- Responsible for leading installation activity, at customer locations, to ensure a timely and high quality installation; responsible for guiding and directing on-site installation assistants.
- Analyze and correct all technical problems on equipment within assigned customer accounts; Perform periodic preventive maintenance routines on products and installs modifications to equipment; Perform maintenance repair as a matter of routine; May also perform required modular swaps and unit replacements or perform preventative maintenance services.
- Respond to a customer call, which will include problem identification, escalation and resolution of operating system software problems; Responsible to keep customer informed during the problem resolution process; Perform service verification and customer satisfaction surveys relating to the situation.
- Responsible for the prompt completion and accuracy of all administrative functions, including assisting in producing, installing modifications and/or upgrades, updating the customer on activities and updating any needed databases.
- May be dispatched daily on a call-by-call basis or may establish his/her own daily schedule on the basis of automated reports; Conducts work at customer site(s), local NCR offices, or in a virtual environment.
- Responsible for reviewing future schedule and planning his/her travel (airfare - if required, hotel, etc. schedule accordingly and within NCR Travel Policy.
- Responsible for accurate and prompt reporting of calls and activity, as well as other reporting as required; Responsible for tracking and reporting all expenses incurred in the delivery of services, including telephone, private automobile, and/or public transportation.
- Responsible for capturing detailed customer asset information and other data required to complete any invoicing or billing activities
- Technical Certification or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of Retail Industry experience.
- A+ Certification, Basic PC Troubleshooting and Electronic Technology Skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Operating Systems and Associated Office Suite Components (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Hardware and operating system knowledge on assigned products (includes Server Controller and software configuration setup).
- Experience with Database Management Systems (SQL interfaces, Quickbase, Web-based application).
- General Knowledge of Electrical and Network Components (Cat5e Ethernet LAN, SNA, Routers, Switches, Ports). Temporary Data/Electrical tasks and reconfiguration on-site may be required.
- Leadership Skills - Operates as on-site technical Lead for installation activities and requires coordination with customer's contractors (data/electrical, construction and store personnel, 3rd party resources, etc.).
- Must be able to carry tools/parts and ability to navigate equipment weighing up to 50 Lbs. or more.
- Bending, Squatting, Walking, Standing and/or Sitting for Prolonged Periods of Time is required.
- Excellent Communication Skills with ability to interact professionally with customers, vendors and internal NCR Teams.
- Must be proactive, have organizational and time management skills to keep installation solution on track.
- Rotating Shifts with limited Travel may be required.
- Associate's Degree preferred in IT Services or Related Field
- Previous Experience with NCR Self-Checkout (SCO), Point-of-Sale (POS), Servers and ATM's desired
- Prior Experience with Software Integration/Configuration
- Experience with Customer Support/End-Users, Troubleshooting, Analysis and/or Resolution
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.