Technology is at the core of everything we do, especially in the world of Internet advertising. Sales Engineers are the behind-the-scenes brains for the proposals the Partner Development team pitches to our partners. Your strong software development background, detailed knowledge of web technologies and online advertising are key to working with the engineering and sales teams to create custom solutions for our partners. You are responsible for the entire technical back-end, from interpreting and writing technical specifications to the creation and implementation of the final plan. As the go-to technical expert for the team, you help design the solutions that make our partnerships successful.
As a Customer Engineer, you will work hand-in-hand with technical teams as a networking subject matter expert to differentiate Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, explaining technical features, helping customers design architectures, and problem-solving. You will engage with customers to understand their business and technical requirements, and present practical and useful solutions on Google Cloud.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google's cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in a customer facing role delivering technical pitches in a cloud computing environment
- Experience selling Content Delivery Network (CDN) and security solutions including Web Application Firewall (WAF)
- Experience in web performance, network optimization and streaming services including encoding, transcoding, and content protection schemes
- MBA or Master's degree
- Experience with CDN providers, perimeter security solutions, and/or DDoS mitigation strategy and services
- Experience in developing and delivering technical networking pitches to various customer stakeholders
- Experience with Google Cloud Networking
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform, Chef, or Puppet
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, understand key customer technical objections and develop the strategy to resolve technical blockers. - Support the technical relationship with customers, including product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and partner directly with product management to prioritize solutions impacting customer adoption of Google Cloud. - Work hands-on with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments. - Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud. - Travel to customer sites, conferences and other related events.