Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Customer Engagement Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
As a member of Google Cloud’s Advanced Solutions Lab Team, you will have the opportunity to build and manage innovative customer programs that are focused machine learning solutions. The Advanced Solutions Lab (ASL) allows businesses to partner with Google Cloud to apply Machine Learning to solve high-impact business challenges. The ASL is a unique opportunity for technical teams to partner with Google’s machine learning experts in Google dedicated facilities. We are looking for an enthusiastic, well-organized individual to lead customer engagements, from program definition, milestone development and tracking, to commercialization. This role provides the opportunity to think big and develop first of its kind industry changing solutions.
Through these engagements and partnerships we seek to build joint success, customer multipliers and a thriving ecosystem of customers with the aim of delighting customers. We are shaping the future of how machine learning is used across many industries and verticals. As a Customer Engagement Manager, you will be responsible for developing and managing a set of highly strategic customer programs that include innovative customer engagement models, incentives, investments, program assets and coordination across the extended Google Cloud team.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Engage with the stakeholders across the various customer teams to ensure the needs of all stakeholders are fulfilled. Anticipate and solve problems.
- Identify additional opportunities for professional services engagements and future work.
- Prepare and deliver weekly program updates that include progress toward goals, impact to the business and customer satisfaction.
- Build a set of engagement metrics to accurately track progress, set and manage customer expectations with a focus on outcome based metrics that link programs to customer adoption of Google Cloud.
- Establish strong working relationships with leaders of cross-functional teams to deliver customer machine learning solutions.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of Program Management or Strategic customer Management experience, leading projects or customers with multiple dependencies.
- Experience leading projects and managing multiple competing priorities.
- Experience with enterprise software powering Fortune 500 companies, including on-premise legacy services, ERP and CRM systems, and hybrid cloud.
- MBA degree or equivalent practical experience
- Proven track record of delivering successfully within aggressive timelines.
- Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels, and to deal with ambiguity and thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated analytical success and capacity for developing and understanding strategy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships