The Real Estate and Store Development Technology team sits within the Global Real Estate / Project Management Office. We enable and support the entire organization, delivering strategic innovation while also keeping the lights on in the current technology portfolio. We collaborate with execution teams in Real Estate, Store Development, and Maintenance, understanding their processes and needs so we can deliver technology that enables their business and takes them to the next level. If you get excited about lengthy conversations with your teammates, talking and working through problems; if you feel energized when you know you’ve solved a customer’s problem; if you love to share what you know with others and you are passionate about building strong Product Management competencies – you should come talk to us about our Senior Product Manager role. In RESD, the Senior Product Manager leads a team of Product Managers in understanding the businesses we support, what our customers do, what they need, and how to solve their problems. The Senior Product Manager keeps an eye on the technology available in the market and brings relevant solutions to the broader team for evaluation. This person develops, through the team or personally, the roadmaps for all our customers and business features and works with customers regularly, building relationships and knowledge. Key Responsibilities
- Surprise and Delight: use your industry savvy together with your business knowledge to be the voice of the customer; develop and evolve roadmaps that will knock the socks off our customers and keep them coming back for more
- Collaborate: guide others to deliver meaningful outcomes; lead and partner with cross-functional teams including project management, technology, third-party vendors, GapTech, customers and external stakeholders;
- Understand & Influence: build relationships with customers across the org and externally to develop deep understanding of the work and the why: Listen to what stakeholders are asking for, identify the underlying problem to be solved, and deliver a solution which addresses what is needed; Manage backlogs and communication with customer teams
- Customer Engagement: lead the functional activities within initiatives: requirements gathering and story writing, design reviews, stakeholder demos, user testing and training development, change impact assessments
- Leadership: grow, coach and mentor Product Managers; establish best practices and drive continuous improvement within the team; partner with engineering and support teams to identify solutions
- 7-10 years of full-time work experience, including 5-7 years of experience doing product management or project management for software products
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills: between technical and non-technical; up and down the org; simple and complex ideas
- Excellent problem solving ability and proven record of identifying obstacles and devising creative solutions
- Experience with strategic and quantitative analysis – ability to gather and interpret data
- Experience collaborating with software engineers to design, build and ship products
- The ability to adjust quickly in response to changing needs and to handle ambiguity
- Experience managing 1-2 people
- Experience in Real Estate, Store Development or Maintenance in Retail is major plus – on business or technology side
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.