Required Work Experience: 5 - 10 Years
The role is responsible for analyzing Marketing, Sales, Nielsen / IRI and Account Specific data for the purpose of managing the brands that we compete in for the assigned account. Through this analysis, the CDM identifies business opportunities and strategies to grow the brands at assigned account/accounts across all categories.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Identify and present opportunities to drive growth within accountCreate Brand specific selling stories
- Own, build plan to achieve, and follow through with opportunities (Unique to our team)
- Forecast and Inventory Management (note: our CDM’s do not work on but others do)
- Shopper Insights
- JBP lead (including financial tracking)
- BrandReporting and AnalysisSupport KAM / NAM in promotional planning via post-event analyses and recommendations
- Inventory (note: our CDM’s do not work on but others do)
- Brand specific new item evaluation
- Top Door/Top Item Planning
- Assortment analyses
- Maintain hierarchies within custom databases
- Ad hoc requests (analyzer, RSI)
- Best in Class reporting - Identify and anticipate needs of sales team and provide a one stop shop for all their reporting needs
- Manage all incoming requests – prioritize and assign to support team members based on level of expertise and their desire to learn (Unique to our team)
- Project manager to ensure accuracy and that timelines are being met as well as handle / oversee strategic projects (Unique to our team)
- Enhance skill set of team members (Unique to our team)
- Be a sounding board for ideas for Key Account Managers (Unique to our team)
- Identify systems and tools that will help drive the business forward – work withretailers, systems, and internal partners to gain access (Unique to our team)
- Work with Category Management to gather insights on trends and research to help support selling stories (Unique to our team)
- Work 1:1 with retailers on strategic projects (Unique to our team)
The Network you would Work With
- You will build strong relationships with members of sales team. You will also have close contact with senior management within the division and other department staff Including Marketing, Customer Marketing, Sales Admin, Sales Operations, Category Management, and VP, NSM. Externally you will be in close contact with account personnel including Category Management, Advertising, Merchandising, Logistics, and Finance.
Potential next steps with L'Oreal after this role
- After a successful approximately 2 – 3year period in this position, the possible next steps could be CDM on a larger business, internal New York positions within Sales operations such as Customer Marketing, Salespromotions/Planning/Training, National Account Manager, or Regional Manager.
- (Note: I believe there is an opportunity to have a Senior CDM position)
Qualifications, Knowledge & Know-How required
- Completion of a 4-yearBachelor’s Degree in Business or a related area.
- 3+ years of experience in account management and/or merchandising in the consumer products industry.
- Flexibility for overnight travel for periodic business needs.
- A Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to create an account specific selling story by utilizing a combination of data sources
- Ability to interact effectively, positive attitude.
- Results oriented.
- Very flexible to change
- Outstanding analytical skills. Strong computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Business, Trade Math and Language application skills.
- Proficiency in account specific data retrieval software.
- Solid presentation skills.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Ability to adapt.