Customer Development Manager
8 - 10 years experience • Aerospace / Defense
The Customer Development Manager is responsible to call on existing and potential airline and MRO customers within an assigned territory or customer base. S/he serves as a face of the company and the primary facilitator in the development of long-term, mutually rewarding relationships that continually meet critical customer needs, gain loyalty, and grow strategic, profitable sales.
· Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options.
· Sells products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending solutions.
· Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements.
· Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
· Communicates new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
· Provides technical product expertise in the development of contracts, bids, long term proposals and othersales efforts.
· Presents and sells company products and services to current and potential clients.
· Prepares action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made.
· Follows up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
· Identifies sales prospects and contacts these and other accounts as assigned.
· Prepares presentations, proposals and salescontracts.
· Develops and maintains sales materials and current product knowledge.
· Establishes and maintains current client and potential client relationships.
· Prepares paperwork to activate and maintain contract services.
· Manages account services through quality checks and other follow-up.
· Identifies and resolves client concerns.
· Prepares a variety of status reports, including trip reports, activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
· Coordinates with company staff to accomplish the work required to close sales.
· Develops and implements special sales activities to reduce stock.
· Participates in marketingevents such as seminars and trade shows.
· Performs other duties as required to fulfill Customer Development and Organizational needs.