The Single-Family Mortgage Credit Risk Management area is currently seeking a Client Credit Management Manager to work in the National / Regional Accounts Segment. The person hired for this position will be a key member of the Freddie Mac Client Credit Management team and will provide guidance and interpretation on mortgage credit related issues to lenders that have a national / regional scope. This person will also work on a variety of mortgage credit related policies and other initiatives on an as-needed basis. The role reports to the Director-Client Credit Management. The position can be located in McLean, VA, Chicago, IL or Atlanta, GA.
- Identifies, evaluates and addresses client and deal credit risk in contract renewals and terms of business negotiated with clients.
- Proactively address client’s credit needs by developing creative ways to craft credit terms in contracts; support established guidelines for responding to client inquiries and education needs; and guides credit issue resolution when client’s needs and Freddie Mac needs are not aligned.
- Acts as an advisor to Sales Account Executives to build relationships and/or resolve mortgage credit challenges.
- Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a client team, including senior client personnel interaction on significant technical matters, requiring coordination of activities across organizational lines.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Ensures credit policy compliance in the contract terms and credit performance, making credit recommendations on contract terms within established corporate authorities.
- Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization’s operation.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet timelines and goals.
- 8 plus years of financial services related work experience and 2+ years management experience.
- An extensive knowledge of Freddie Mac selling and underwriting guidelines, mortgage loan origination industry financing methods and loan origination processes.
- College degree or equivalent experience; advance studies/degreepreferred
- Limited travel is required for client visits
Keys to success in this role
- Background in risk management and credit policy compliance
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- An innovative mindset; ability to think outside of the box and provide resolution to an extensive range of complicated credit and operational issues
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess
- Client Focus – Personally engage with clients to learn and deliver on their needs
- Partnership – Willing to serve as a partner with clients and peers to meet goals
- Drive for Execution – Focus on results rather than the appearance of results; be impact focused