The Customer Community Manager is responsible for the promotion of Sungard AS Assurance CM and Assurance NM business continuity planning software. Serving as a champion of the needs of Sungard AS BCM software customers the Customer Community Manager will have a passion for marketing and evangelism and will influence the success of current and future users of the software tools. As a key member of the Customer Success Team the Customer Community Manager will be the face and voice of the Assurance CM product suite. The Customer Success Community Manager meets regularly with Assurance CM and NM customers promoting thought leadership, product webinars, facilitating regional user groups, speaking at BCM trade shows while promoting product features and best practices. The Customer Community Manager will think strategically about the software business and provide feedback to product teams and management.
- 20% of time Value Development Activities
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the customer business challenges and their objectives to map product features and benefits to their needs
- Develop and maintain long term relationships with stakeholders within and product champions.
- Tech blog owner- manage, contribute to solicit articles for the Assurance CM tech blog
- Build connections with influences in the BCM industry
- 80% of time Evangelist Success Management
- Build a following of passionate Business Continuity practitioners through Regional User Groups and high value interaction.
- Engage customers in person, on the phone, social media and marketing campaigns.
- Build a successful webinar program to champion product capabilities and functionality.
- Create and promote Regional User Groups that build value for the product and promote networking in the user base.
- Deliver compelling presentations on solutions, trends and thought leadership topics.
- Champion our users’ needs internally by providing invaluable feedback to the product engineering teams.
- Confidently moderate discussions among clients and other speakers.
- Reach out to qualified customers and pitch product/program.
- Create content and campaigns with partners which are highly engaging and useful to end-users.
- Position Sungard AS as a technical thought leader.
- Provide detailed descriptions of new product features and product documentation. Facilitate and encourage the use of training materials including manuals, training presentations and videos
- Provide insight toward product development initiatives from information gathered from regional users groups and other conferences.
- Create customer statements of work (SOW), in collaboration with Professional Services team, in line with customer objectives.
- Cultivate strong relationships
- Assume the role of internal advocate
- Develop college use program to promote use of Assurance CM in emergency management degree programs.
Job Experience/Skills and Competencies/Knowledge:
- RequiredExperience/Skills and Competencies/Knowledge
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge in Emergency Management or related field
- DRII CBCP or MBCP certification
- 5 years technical experience providing technical support and customer service
- Exceptional computer literacy/skills with the ability to understand the technical aspects of software and its functions
- Exceptional project management skills and presentation skills
- Understanding and ability to utilize all social media platforms
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- PreferredExperience/Skills and Competencies/Knowledge:
- Inside/Outside Sales
- Marketing and social media
- Experience with business continuity technologies & practices
- Ability to travel with occasional overnights required
- Travel 25%
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.