About the Customer Community Manager
Scotiabank Digital Factory is changing the way we releasebanking software products to our customers, by increasingly developing beta communities who become contributors in the end products that eventually touch our broader customer community. Part of a new Customer Advocacy team, the Customer Community Manager is a champion of a customer-obsessed culture, responsible for creating meaningful engagement, support and feedback mechanisms for this growing community of users.
What will you do in this role?
- Manage ongoing engagement with the customer community, working closely with Product Marketing
- Manage a community hub/forum and its ongoing content (blogs, message boards, etc.)
- Create regular push communications and surveys to encourage beta users to engage with new software functionality as it becomes available for beta testing, and to solicit feedback
- Support Product Marketing by testing the efficacy of marketing content & messages with the beta community to help inform mass marketing plans
- Partner with peers in event management and communications to develop engaging customer community events
- Develop and manage tight feedback loops between the customer community and the product development teams building software
- Rigorously capture beta feedback from the growing community and support processes to embed this feedback into software development cycles in near real time
- Support product teams in developing methodologies to seek, capture & share targeted feedback for new or developing functionality
- Work with product management peers to test new methodologies for how we build products based on user direction, including the identification of cross-product opportunities gleaned through customer community activity & feedback
- Partner with Design Strategy & Research teams as well as other peers in Customer Advocacy to compare and contrast beta community feedback with what we learn about our broader customer base on an ongoing basis, including feedback received through existing channels such as NPS surveys and App Store reviews
- Work with multiple partner teams to nurture a healthy customer community user pool in support of a broader customer advocacy strategy
- Support ongoing user recruitment efforts to develop sub-communities of users representing key customer profiles, and fill gaps over time
- Partner with peers in Customer Advocacy to identify customers who are currently highly critical of their bankingexperience with Scotiabank, and develop strategies to convert them into positive and active beta community contributors
- Encourage community members to engage in third party app reviews, social media and other public forums as ambassadors for the Scotiabank customer experience
- Act as a primary user advocate and inform program strategies by identifying and communicating trends, pain points and overall sentiment from within the community
- Provide monthly reporting on the activity of the customer community
Are the right person for the role?
- You’re hungry to learn all about best-in-class customer experience practices and finding ways to apply them at Scotiabank
- You’re an authentic, decisive, resilient, highly-collaborative and results-oriented self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity
- You bring empathy and an un-biased viewpoint to all aspects of your work
- You’re a natural storyteller with the ability to craft and communicate compelling stories that add clarity and inspire passion in our mission
- You are comfortable working independently and proactively, and working across teams and departments to get things done
- You’re always willing to roll up your sleeves and get it done
- You’re passionate about changing the way people bank and willing to live in the future and build what’s missing
- You are open, persuasive, engaging and love to have a good laugh.
Do you have the skils that will enable you to succed?
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, marketing, design, social sciences and/or computer science
- You have 3-5 years working experience in related positions
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including self-editing
- You possess a critical eye for process and know when to optimize, reinvent or discontinue a system
- You posess a demonstrated knowledge of digital and self-service banking products and services, including non-traditional competitive practices
- You have a background in working with active customer communities, either as a super user yourself or in managing communities on behalf of technology organizations
- You have experience working with beta management software & tools
- It would also be great if you are fluent in French and/or Spanish
Requisition ID: 18631