n conjunction with the Exact Sciences Laboratories leadership team, manages the day-to-day Customer Care Center activities. Manages a team of Customer Care Associates and Customer Care Specialists. Responsible for evaluation of relevant CCA/CCS metrics and other identified key performance indicators. Aligns with other Customer Care Center leadership on the planful execution of the objectives tosupportthe accomplishment of company goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with the Exact Sciences Laboratories training team in the creation of training materials as appropriate. Identifies additional training needs/resources as needed. Provides coaching to the Customer Care Center employees as needed.
- Monitors associate and overall department metrics in order to meet departmental and company goals.
- Provides on-going coaching and mentoring all Customer Care Associates to ensure a consistent level of service is maintained. Recommends and implements changes to ensure high quality customer service.
- Supervises a team of Customer Care Associates. Provides escalation support to Customer Care Associates. Coordinates with HR to hire and onboard new Customer Care Center employees and performance manage. Partners cross functionally to support the Exact Sciences Laboratories mission.
- Supervisors and mentors a Lead Customer Care Specialist.
- Maintains skillset to be able to perform all essential responsibilities of the Customer Care Associates and performs them as directed.
- Utilizes departmental reports and tools to help improve associate productivity and optimize the performance of the Contact Center.
- Anticipates challenges and proactively initiates actions to overcome those challenges.
- Ability to be flexible with the working schedule based on business need
- Daily monitoring of associate log in/out times and timely approval of payroll.
- Ensures familiarity with relevant guidelines and policies for medical devices.
- Identifies and shares best practices and drives for continuous improvement of the customer experience.
- Manages and resolves customer complaints.
- Prepares performance reports to share with Customer Care Associates.
- Exemplifies all of the Exact Sciences core values.
- Ensures compliance with all Company quality procedures and guidelines including but not limited to Quality Policy, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Reports to work on time, and follows attendance guidelines.
- Conducts all assigned job duties in a timely and productive manner.
- Performs all job duties according to Customer Care Center policies and procedures.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Mandatory Skills & Qualifications
- Must be 18 years of age or older and legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Knowledge of contact center operations including implementation, training and performance monitoring.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Disciplined, self-motivated & reliable; able to stay focused on a task and work independently; motivated to perform quality work; diligent about arriving to work on time and completing tasks that are assigned in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate others and work effectively through influence and collaboration.
- Possesses a positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and build strong working relationships with customers as well as peers at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to changing workload and circumstances effectively; able to respond to new information quickly.
- Professionalism: conducts themselves in a professional manner in all interactions with members of the Exact Sciences Clinical Laboratory team, clients and associates.
Necessary Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or related business experience.
- Five or more years of customer service experience, preferable in an inbound/outbound contact in the healthcare industry.
- Two or more years of experience directly or indirectly leading others.
- Demonstrated experience working in a customer service environment specialized in providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Previous leadership experience in a contact center within the health care industry is preferred but appropriate customer service experience in other fields may be considered.
- Knowledge of contact center telephony and technology.
- Previous work in a laboratory environment is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written Spanish communication skills.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Ability to listen and speak on the telephone and write simultaneously.
- Ability to operate telephone system and computer keyboard and printer.
- Ability to lift and move 20-40 pounds on an occasional basis (up to 25% of time).
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.