A Customer Care Manager manages the operational activities of Customer Care supervisors, leads, and representatives within a call center environment. Day-to-day activities include performance management, quality assurance, employee relations, staffing assessments, customer account services, and cross-departmental communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (95%):
• Provides supervision, training, motivation and support for customer care supervisors and customer service representatives.
• Ensures the timely resolution of customer complaints, scheduling, and billing problems in accordance with company policies.
• Achieves and maintains a high level of proficiency in the systems and tools used to support our customer base.
• Assists senior management team in preparation of various reports, surveys, and responds to requests for information.
• Monitors customer service representatives’ interaction as a tool to ensure the application of quality, customer care, sales skill usage, and to assess training needs.
• Identifies developmental needs for personnel who communicate with our customers to ensure positive and professional interactions.
• Partners with the other departments within the division to maintain the highest level of customer service possible.
• Ensure that duties, responsibilities, accountabilities and authority of direct reports are defined and understood.
• Recommend, implement, and document adherence to policies, processes, standards, workflows, and procedures related to the call center.
• Plan, acquire and ensure that team utilizes sales skills, retention skills, billing system knowledge and basic troubleshooting techniques for core video, high-speed data and digital phone product lines.
• Report the activities of the team in an effective, accurate and timely manner. Utilize team-reporting data to analyze effectiveness, results and opportunities for improvement.
• Support established departmental and company initiatives and objectives.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (5%):
• Updating Kronos time keeping system
• Special projects based on the needs of the business
• Performs other duties as assigned
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
• Must have 7 to 10 years of relevant work experience within a call center environment and/or the telecommunications industry required.
• Must have 4 plus years of leadership experience required.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills working with both internal and external customers required
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
• Must be able to use analytical skills to complete database research, forecasting, trending, and analysis of business metrics required.