Overview of the Customer Care Manager position
The Customer Care Manager is responsible for the daily management and execution of the CustomerCare department ensuring a positive and productive environment is maintained. He/She provides guidance and direction on the resolution of customer issues with a specific focus of ensuring customer expectations are achieved and aligned with our company values. This position interacts with other groups to identify improved processes for addressing and resolving customer and product issues. The Customer Care Manager is responsible for monitoring team performance to ensure daily goals are met.
- Establish department performance goals and individual goals for Supervisors. Holds Supervisors and Customer Care Agents accountable for their performance.
- Instills an employee focused culture where employees are motivated, inspired, and developed to achieve best-in-class customer satisfaction results.
- Maintain knowledge of Customer Care Center Best practices.
- Coaches, mentors, develop, and manage performance of direct and indirect reports to ensure employees are motivated in a demanding and changing environment.
- Collaborates with Human Resources to ensure employee issues are resolved to improve department performance.
- Oversees delegation of work responsibilities. Evaluates staffing and gaps in staffing to ensure adjustments are made as required.
- Manages Administrative functions.
- Provides regular communication to senior management team on Customer Care Center performance to ensure they are aware of any pending issues.
- Identifies causes for failure to meet objectives and works with Quality Director and Learning Manager to identify gaps and the reasons.
- Leads customer care support ensuring timely and accurate resolution of customer inquiries.
- Identifies opportunities and executes change to develop a consistent, scalable service model which provides a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Improves performance by raising efficiency and exploring new technology and process improvements.
- Organizes staff to support workforce management administration, customer call patterns and new product introduction.
- Collaborates with Learning and Training to identify gaps in training and ensure team members are thoroughly trained, up-to-date and knowledgeable on all products and services.
- Addresses escalated and complex customer inquiries/concerns to ensure prompt resolution.
- Collaborates with Customer Care management team to develop and improve metrics to ensure they are meaningful and actionable.
- Provides effective management and insight on the department and company performance relating to customer care, customer satisfaction levels, and the overall customer experience while it relates to the overall growth and success of the company.
- Measures and reports on progress towards goals.
- Provides recommendations on resource needs and budgets.
- Interviews and evaluates candidates once vetted by Human Resources.
- Performs other functions as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's equivalent or equivalent in a call center environment.
- Five years' experience in a Customer Call Center with 2 years prior supervisory/management responsibility.
- Expert knowledge of call center systems.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applicati
- ons including: Work, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook