Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Customer Care Flex Team Supervisor performs the functions of their position under the guided direction of the Resource Planning Manager. The Customer Care Flex Team Supervisor provides support to the Exact Sciences Laboratories Customer Care Center. In this leadership position the Customer Care Flex Team Supervisor supports the mission and vision of Exact Sciences Laboratories and along with the Patient Support Supervisors and Managers shares the responsibility of ensuring the Customer Care Center operates effectively
. The Customer Care Flex Team Supervisor will follow all laboratoryand Customer Care Center procedures and maintain accurate data reporting practices as needed to ensure consistent and diligent execution of all assigned tasks that support the Customer Care Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with the Exact Sciences Laboratories training team in the creation of training materials as appropriate. Identifies additional training needs/resources as needed. Provides coaching to the Flex Team Specialist employees as needed.
- Monitors associate and overall department metrics to meet departmental and company goals.
- Provides on-going coaching and mentoring to all Flex Team Specialists and Leads to ensure a consistent level of service is maintained. Recommends and implements changes to ensure high quality customer service.
- Supervises a team of Flex Team Specialists. Provides escalation support Flex Team Specialists. Coordinates with HR to hire and onboard new Flex Team Specialists and performance manage. Partners cross functionally to support the Exact Sciences Laboratories mission.
- Supervises and mentors a Lead Flex Team Customer Care Specialist.
- Ability to be flexible in your daily tasks as business need directs.
- Ability to direct CCS agents through changing daily tasks as business need directs.
- Answers and responds to incoming calls and other inbound contacts, as needed.
- Provides escalating support to Flex Team Specialists and other Patient Support Associates and Specialists.
- Provides mentoring and coaching to Flex Team employees as needed and monitoring associates to ensure incoming and outgoing phone and other contacts are addressed according to Company goals.
- Support the management of daily workload execution in order to meet service level and turnaround time goals.
- Documents all information according to standard operating procedures.
- Ensures familiarity with relevant guidelines and policies for medical devices.
- Identifies and shares best practices and drives for continuous improvement of the customer experience.
- Ability to perform all essential responsibilities of the Flex Team Specialist and Lead Flex Team Specialist and perform them as directed.
- Researches required information using available resources.
- Provides customers with product and service information.
- Recommends changes to ensure high quality customer service.
- Ensures compliance with all Company quality procedures and guidelines including but not limited to Quality Policy and Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Meets standards for production and accuracy within 6 months of start date.
- Reports to work on time and follows attendance guidelines.
- Conducts all assigned job duties in a timely and productive manner.
- Performs all job duties according to Customer Care Center policies and procedures.
- Escalate, monitor and report IT issues as necessary.
- Respond to email inquiries from patients, providers and the general public in a professional manner.
- Ability to listen and speak on the telephone and write simultaneously.
- Ability to operate telephone system and computer keyboard and printer.
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- Ability to type on a computer 50% of the time.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or related business experience.
- 5+ of customer service experience, preferable in an inbound/outbound contact in the healthcare industry.
- 2+ years of experience directly or indirectly leading others.
- Demonstrated experience working in a customer service environment specialized in providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Previous leadership experience in a contact center within the health care industry is preferred but appropriate customer service experience in other fields may be considered.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Knowledge of contact center operations including implementation, training and performance monitoring.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Disciplined, self-motivated & reliable; able to stay focused on a task and work independently; motivated to perform quality work; diligent about arriving to work on time and completing tasks that are assigned in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate others and work effectively through influence and collaboration.
- Possesses a positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and build strong working relationships with customers as well as peers at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to changing workload and circumstances effectively; able to respond to new information quickly.
- Professionalism: conducts themselves in a professional manner in all interactions with members of the Exact Sciences Clinical Laboratory team, clients and associates.
- Knowledge of contact center telephony and technology.
- Previous work in a laboratory environment is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.