Customer Care and Service Director
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for an Customer Care and Service Director which is a key part of the overall global sales and services teams. This leader will use their collaborative style and close ties to the sales force to grow sales while enhancing Lutron's marketplace. You will build a strong partnership to open new international markets and grow existing ones. This position will work closely with Lutron International sales teams, supporting large construction projects and servicing customers to live our First Principle "Take Care of the Customer". Key metrics will include on-time delivery, service quality, and sales growth. The position is located at our World Headquarters in Coopersburg, PA- paid relocation if needed.
Responsible for the effectiveness of Rep, Dealer and Distributor Customer relationships regarding account management and routine order communication through phones, fax and email; and, responsible for end user communication and relationship through incoming 800 calls, Lutron website inquiries or pre-sale calls. Coordinate with Sales and Operations teams to efficiently and accurately receive, quote, process, fulfill and ship orders when and where customers want them. Establish environment for growth and development of (~60) new and seasoned employees; ensuring service is not compromised during people transitions.
Customer Heart / Soft Skills
* Actively listens to customers needs and concerns to fully understand them. Is empathetic
* Seeks to address/solve/prevent these concerns and connect with customers
* Drives to learn our "Go to Market" strategy and our Sales/Customer relationships
* Synthesize and champion field and customer messages
* Enhance the reputation of the company and make Lutron "Easier to do business with"
Leadership / Employee Management
* Develops/mentors managers, leaders and supervisors
* Provides motivation and communication
Organization Management and Business Acumen
* Drives Organization performance to meet goals and owns results to include budget
* Drives Operations/Department Annual Planning (Budgeting, Staffing, Objective Setting)
* Ability to analyze and make decisions based on business information and create a justifiable ROI and manage project budgets.
* Drive the globilization of Lutron's service standards and consistent processes
* Sets priority for continuous improvement activities and monitors progress/removes obstacles
* Seeks best practices and benchmarking to achieve best in class
* Ensures consistency and scalability in processes
* Reviews credits/returns for consistency, logic and process. Follows up on areas for recommended improvement.
* Develop and present business cases in order to drive service, quality and cost initiatives.
* Learns Customer Facing, Websites and E1 software. Looks for best ways to present and interact with customers.
Works through Organization
*Engages with other departments to drive solutions and improvements in cross-functional processes
*Work wtih Lutron IT, stakeholders of all functional areas, and 3rd party software consultants to improve Lutron's existing systems and processes.
* Successful at presenting ideas and strategy proposals to senior / executive management and getting consensus.
* Ability to represent our international customers and offices.
* Understands and appropriately influences Supply Chain Operations and Manufacturing to deliver product on time.
- BA/BS in Business, IT, Computer Science, Engineering or Supply Chain
- MBA a plus
- Proven process and continuous improvement experience.
- 10-15 years’ work experience within a Service or Operations team in a leadership role
- Excellent listener and communication skills, very proactive, and self-driven
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities.