To be retailer experts and to thoroughly execute client plans. Grow our client's business within each Retailer faster than the category and the Retailer themselves. Responsible for creating and sustaining client satisfaction by assisting in the development of business plans and owning clients’ execution strategies with the retailers they are assigned. Drives client growth across brands through a comprehensive and deep knowledge of the retailer’s operation and merchandising strategies and through unparalleled insight, effective selling, and execution.
- Owns the development and maintenance of strong relationships with both Clients and Customers within a given geographic region, including a complete understanding of their goals and objectives.
- Present targeted strategic client plans to build effective and efficient brand promotion strategies and strengthen brand activation based on customer knowledge.
- Accountable for the execution of strategic plans for all Clients’ brands to Retailers within the defined geography. Key areas include sales, share, distribution, promotion, pricing, merchandising and financial management.
- Responsible for ongoing Client Team communication, engaging in proactive, ongoing communications to provide status, opportunities, manage expectations, and needs associated with achievement of Client’s Business plan.
- Owns the communication and transfer of knowledge about Customer changes and insights to drive understanding across relevant CROSSMARK positions, understanding the importance of being the “customer experts.”
- Consistently and exclusively use CROSSVIEW as the business planning, communication and execution framework to drive consistency and efficiency internally, as well as visibility and intelligence to the client and across positions internally.
- Assist Business Account Manager(s) and others in the development of targeted strategic Client plans to build effective and efficient brand promotion strategies and strengthen brand activation based on customer knowledge.
- Sells additional services to Clients through analysis understanding of Client’s strategy, performance insights, coupled with Customers’ performance by brand and/or category.
- Provides feedback and assists in preparation for CROSSVIEW Business Reviews and where appropriate, participates in the presentation.
NOTE: This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Associates will be expected, if possible, to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degreepreferred or a minimum of 3 years ‘experience in the CPG industry preferred; 5+ years of sales experience; PC knowledge and skills in word, excel, email and PowerPoint; Communication skills, including listening, presentations, written and verbal skills; Insights-based, consultative selling and negotiation skills; Intermediate Microsoft Office skills including Excel with pivot tables, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
Other Functions: Retailer knowledge and respect with/ by the retailer; Understanding of our client's strategy; Clear understanding of client expectations; Understanding/ communicate insights; Persuasive selling; Professionalism
Performance Metrics: On budget execution of sales plan; New Item acceptances in accordance with client standards; Existing client growth (targeted revenue $/sales volume); Customer service (NPS)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Communication skills, including listening, presentations, written and verbal skills; Insights-based, consultative selling and negotiation skills; Intermediate category management knowledge, including but not limited to the “4 Ps”; Business acumen and intelligence, including market and industry trends; Good organizational and time management skills; Customer service orientation; Ongoing professionalism and ability to handle pressure.