Responsible for developing and strengthening customer relationships, managing and growing both ML Pork and customer’s business, and bringingcategory management knowledge and expertise to our customers. Oversight of pork sales managing total street business in Western Canada as well as selectedretailaccounts.
- Achieve pork sales targets within assigned retail, industrial and food service accounts.
- Travel to customer locations building relationships and gaining expertise in their business needs.
- Travel to Maple Leaf plants to enhance meat knowledge with goal of increasing and optimizing sales.
- Work with various product managers, production planners and other sales colleagues to move surplus inventory with the best overall return to Maple Leaf.
- Seek out new opportunities for accounts to increase sales and sell surplus product.
- Coordinate with the Supply Chain team to ensure daily customer requirements are satisfied.
- Develop products to increase sales and sell surplus inventory.
- Ensure timely presentation of new products and packaging to all accounts.
- Develop and maintain excellent rapport and effective relationships with all customers and internal support team.
- Coordination with the Customer Service and Logistic Teams to ensure daily customer requirements are being met.
- Manage all trade spend effectively ensuring money spent produces sufficient return.
- Handle new account credit applications and setup of new accounts as per policy.
- Holiday, travel/meetings coverage for sales team colleagues.
- Understand annual sales plans for all primary accounts, tracking weekly progress to last year and budget.
- Perform quarterly business reviews with all primary accounts.
- Prepare weekly and monthly sales reports and forecasts as requested.
- Handle general office duties as required.
- Develop/strengthen customer relationships
- Strategically grow a profitable business
- Optimize returns to Pork business
- Develop stretch targets to meet or exceed plans
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- University undergraduatedegree.
- An understanding of the pork value chain from production through to processing
- Previous experience in a range of multi-disciplinary fresh meat company positions
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in retail and food service sales.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Strong commercial sense and industry knowledge
- Self-starter, proactive, able to take the initiative, and operate independently.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Self-management and organizational skills
- Creative thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to “think on one’s feet” and make decisions independently in a fast-paced environment
- Able to overcome objections and/or confrontation diplomatically
- Understanding of the North American Pork industry - including market pricing mechanisms.
- Focused on value-added selling
- Leadership and emotional maturity
- Valid driver’s license
- Proficient computer skills
- Category Management expertise
- Negotiation skills
- Adaptable / change agent
- Demonstration of the Leadership Edge Values, especially Being Externally Focused and Having a Bias for Action
Reference No.: 10997062