Customer Billing Representative
We are looking for Customer Billing Representative for our client in Salt Lake City, UT
Job Title: Customer Billing Representative
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- The representative is to service the needs of our customers by accurately billing customer accounts, assuring timely remittance, and taking immediate action on issues that involve account integrity.
- The representative will also follow-up with payers to facilitate uninterrupted cash flow.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to practice proper phone and email etiquette,
- Skilled in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Answers questions from customers, clerical staff, and insurance companies.
- Identifies and resolves patient billing complaints.
- Handles customer collection calls.
- Familiar with medical terminology and insurances HCPC/ICD-9 codes,
- Documents activities in ERP system in an efficient accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures the billing activity is handled correctly.
- Ability to evaluate and secure the needed Rx's, PA's and medical justification to facilitate payment of claims for initial and review/appeals payments.
- Ability to edit and resubmit claims for payment.
- Prepares and reviews cleanclaims for submission to various insurances either electronically or by paper.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Outlook.
- Provide feedback to Group Team Lead regarding issues regarding accounts.
- Conducts routine tasks as directed; works under clearly defined guidelines.
- Contributes to specific objectives and outcomes as directed.
- Basic skills with moderate level of proficiency. Consults with senior peers on non-complex projects.
- 1-2 years customer service experience
- Associate Degree
USE OF EQUIPMENT:
- ERP System
- Fax Machine/Scanner
- File bound
- Little or no traveling required (less than 10%)
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager. Furthermore, tasks and responsibilities may be added or revised based on the volume of business and the need for the work to be completed at the present time.