Groq is delivering industry leading performance and sub-millisecond latency with efficient, software-driven solutions for compute-intensive applications. At Groq, you will have the opportunity to work closely with some of the most talented engineers and leaders in the world to redefine compute and shape the future of machine learning.
We are looking for an exceptional hardware engineer with experience across server and PCIe adapter hardware, high speed IO and board design fundamentals, system monitoring and management, and customer support. As a part of the customer applications engineering (CAE) organization at Groq, you will be working closely with Groq's sales and engineering teams to engage and support customers and partners throughout the globe to ensure the entire technical experience with our hardware is outstanding.
In order to provide the best customer experience in your role, you will be tasked with the following responsibilities:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a deep understanding of Groq’s ML accelerator silicon solutions, boards and systems, as well as an awareness of Groq’s software offerings and industry standard ML development tools like TensorFlow, PyTorch, and Caffe which complement the hardware.
- Drive and manage the technical aspects of the customer design process from product evaluation, design-in, bring-up, DVT, into production including technical support and debug, escalation management, and program qualification efforts.
- Drive on-site hardware debug and qualification efforts and leading the technical discussions during regularly occurring status meetings and program discussions. Responsible for tracking all technical issues until fully resolved.
- Provide the final level of quality assurance and validate the user experience for all outgoing deliverables to customers. Recommend product enhancements and improvements to engineering based on first-hand knowledge and usage. Contribute to engineering test and validation plans.
- Develop technical collateral material including: application notes, white papers, reference schematics and designs, tutorials, blogs, and training materials to enable customers to help themselves and fuel our expansion efforts.
- Provide in-depth technical trainings to key customers and partners as well as to the rest of the field organization on a regular basis.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS & COMPETENCIES
- Technically curious problem solver with the ability to quickly understand complex technical challenges, synthesize and articulate back. An expert in technical hardware fundamentals.
- Solid knowledge of PCI-Express protocols, high speed I/O (SerDes), and related systems including the physical layer, drivers, and firmware. Able to debug board and system-level PCIe and HSIO related issues using protocol analyzers and high speed digital oscilloscopes.
- Experience supporting and using PCIe accelerators such as GPUs, FPGAs, Ethernet NICs, DSPs, or intelligent (CPU based) NICs.
- A decent technical understanding of AI/ML, the targeted applications, and competition.
- Prior experience working with customers in the hyperscale datacenter, automotive, or high-performance compute (HPC) domains.
- Strong writer and public speaker; operate with integrity and drive transparency, openness, and effective communication. Comfortable engaging directly with customers.
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of chip and board enablement experience with a track record of supporting customers through highly complex design cycles.
- Customer first mindset. Driven to meet or exceed customer expectations, resolve issues expeditiously and, when possible, proactively.
- Excellent leadership, mentoring and cross-functional collaborative and influencing skills.
- Effective communication & presentation skills and comfortable in a customer-facing environment.
- Able to work in a very dynamic start-up environment
- Willingness to travel to customer locations to support bring-up, debug, and porting efforts. Some roles may require up to 25% travel during peak on-site bring-up and support periods (i.e. one week per month).
Groq is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.