As our Customer Advocacy Manager, your focus is to highlight the success of customers across industries, product portfolio and size. You will have a tight pulse on our happiest of customers and have creative ideas for recruiting and inspiring engagement of our customer advocate base. Core to this role is management of reference program to accelerate the sales cycle and drive the public voice of the customer in Marketing and PR activities. This role also encompassing the creation and evangelism of customer success through written case studies, videos and speaking opportunities. As the Customer Advocacy Manager, you will work closely with the Customer Success, Sales and Marketing teams globally, identifying references, building strong relationships with these customers at all levels including executive, driving conversations that identify key business value oriented information and results for reference materials. You will empower management and sales to use customer feedback and data to create and optimize customer programs, identify problems, and implement strategies to accelerate growth of retention and advocates for both public and within community voice.
Success in this role requires developing an understanding of product positioning, sales process, customer perceptions and considerations, as well as the competitive landscape, and effectively leveraging this knowledge to inform and manage reference requirements, priorities, messages and content development. This role is part of our Marketing team and the location can be remote.
- Manage customer reference program to identify, recruit, and match customer advocates for both public and confidential requests such sales team reference requests, analyst interviews, marketing customer engagement requests in webinars, podcasts, blogs, Press interviews and other public voice opportunities.
- Develop a comprehensive database of reference customers that can be used externally to support the sales cycle, marketing activities, PR, analyst relations, and strategic partnerships
- Build and execute campaigns to drive retention, education, and advocacy, within our existing customer base.
- Work cross-functionally to: recruit, activate and develop core advocates
- Conduct interviews with strategic reference customers at executive level to obtain crucial content for reference materials
- Support Conga’s Executive Advisory Board program strategy and execution to engage and develop strategic advocate relationships with Conga executives.
- Build a strong portfolio of customer success stories and content that fulfils the requirements of all stakeholders to be used by marketing to create customer assets including written case studies, sales materials, customer videos, etc.
- Manage Conga customer speaker bureau to support engagement in events including Dreamforce and Conga industry and customer events.
- Create programs to drive public customer voice through online reviews and engagement on sites like G2, Salesforce AppExchange, and Capterra
- Work with leading customer reference and advocacy software applications to drive efficiencies in customer reference program management
- Provide regular reports on the effectiveness and status of the program
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of Customer Marketing
Experience, Skills and Competencies:
- Experience in establishing strong working relationships both internally and externally, quickly establishing trust and credibility, particularly with senior executives in large strategic customer accounts
- SaaS B2B marketing with a strong emphasis on customer programs preferred
- Embodies Conga core values of passion with a purpose, adapt to win, the desire for knowledge, and five-star value
- Strong project management skills and ability to use data to guide decision-making and resource allocation
- Hard-working, self-starter with a willingness and eagerness to learn
- Actively participates and collaborates with others across teams to achieve business goals
- Desire to learn more about customer lifecycle marketing, advocacy marketing, demand generation, customer marketing, and/or campaign development
- Organized, ambitious, and high-energy that can embrace and navigate a fast-paced, ever-shifting environment
- Ownership mentality and proven ability to meet deadlines, work collaboratively with others, and ensure high quality deliverables
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to respond rapidly to sales cycle deadlines when required
- Experienced in writing and developing enterprise software customer case studies preferred
- Problem solver who is proactive, analytical, and innovative - never satisfied with the status quo.
- Experience with customer and marketing tools including: RO Innovation, Salesforce, Gainsight, Sendoso, or compatible tools.
- Familiarity with marketing tools like Salesloft, Marketo, Salesloft, Wrike, Influitive are highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required