Position Overview: Osmo is shifting its focus into education and the curriculum. To help facilitate this we are looking for someone with experience designing curriculum-based games/products for kids while maintaining education and testing connections that ensure our products achieve our educational goals.
The primary responsibilities for the position include: a) contribute to the design and specifically represent the educational aspects for the project's whole lifecycle, b) maintain a network of educational professionals to collaborate and brainstorm ideas and test prototype products and c) conduct qualitative research with parents and kids and present findings to the team on an ongoing basis. A portion of the role will involve helping manage qualitative research and beta testing of all our products, if time allows. In particular, create or source fun tests for kids to show our products are doing their intended job.
- Collaborate with engineers, game designers, and key stakeholders to create compelling products that measurably teach kids
- Construct user performance metrics to measure and assess the child's learning progress
- Build a network of interested parties, helpful educators, and other advisors to help attain our new educational goals
- Participate in brainstorming and design specifically with education in mind; acting to balance our engagement-first philosophy with actual learning
- Design and conduct research throughout a project's lifecycle with parents and kids to gauge the appeal and efficacy of the product
- Generate reports from testing and help maintain a results-based focus on learning
- Maintain lines of communication between educational resources and the team
- 5+ years experience in working on educational products
- Ability to think creatively, iterate rapidly, participate in an environment where fighting priorities demand change
- Self-managing; driven and motivated
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bonus: Experience converting educational goals into game design
- Bonus: Already established network of educators
- Bonus: Experience with student-led education and alternative education methodology