urriculum Lead, Web Development
at Udacity (View all jobs)Mountain View or San Francisco
Udacity's mission is to democratize education. We're an online learning platform offering groundbreaking education in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtualreality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development. Udacity is looking for people to join our Learning Products team. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the world, read on!
As a Content Developer, you and improve the learning experience for thousands of students enrolled in our Full Stack Nanodegree programs, and will have the opportunity to make a real impact in their lives.
- Lead curriculum development and content creation for the Full Stack Nanodegree program
- Play a pivotal role in the future direction of Web Development Products and future structure of the web products,
- Maintain and fix current content related to Full Stack Nanodegree program in both our paid and free courses
- Maintain code for exercises and projects built in the Full Stack Nanodegree program
- Understand technical concepts and how to break them down to effectively guide students through learning complex concepts.
- Collaborate with other teams such as video production to create engaging course material, think outside the box on how to make students excited to learn.
- Experience teaching, mentoring, presenting, building curriculum or breaking down complex subjects into simple instructions. For example, courses talk (live or online), conference talks, blog posts, or books authored
- 2+ years of software engineering experience.
- Knowledge, or willingness and ability to become fluent in Python, HTML, CSS, Go, and/or client-side MVC.
- Experience with both relational and non-relational databases.
- Working knowledge of git for version control.
- Understanding of Unix tools.
- Passionate about education.
- Experience taking online courses.
- Empathy for our students
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.