Curriculum Lead, Innovations
at Udacity (View all jobs)Mountain View or San Francisco
At Udacity, our mission is to democratize education. We aim to bring accessible, affordable, engaging, and highly relevant higher education to the world. We believe that education is no longer limited to four years or four walls – it’s a lifelong pursuit. Technology is advancing rapidly, and there is a growing skills gap between job-seekers and career opportunities that Udacity is dedicated to closing through education. To do this, we're rethinking how education is made and delivered by empowering our students to advance themselves personally and professionally, and help them land their dream job.
As a Curriculum Lead at Udacity, you will build an entirely new learning experience to serve thousands of students in one of our newest and most exciting Nanodegree programs ever. You’ll be working directly with our hiring partner companies to develop an educational program informed by industry with projects that deliver in-demand skills at the cutting-edge of technology (think A.I. meets wall street). In this role, you’ll not only build the applications used in our world-class educational experiences; you’ll be the expert our students aspire to become.
Why be a Curriculum Lead at Udacity?
- You’ll have the opportunity to be an instructor on camera and develop a worldwide following of students and industry experts
- You’ll learn new skills from industry experts and help them translate their knowledge into an effective curriculum
- You’ll represent Udacity on camera, at conferences and become known as an influencer in the fields of Artificial Intelligence and Finance education
- You’ll Join us at the forefront of our mission to democratize education
- Manage a team of content developers working alongside subject matter experts from our partner companies in the fields of artificial intelligence and finance to develop cutting-edge curriculum.
- Help subject matter experts and content developers break down complex technical subjects into more easily understood, self-contained, visually rich learning experiences.
- Work with experts and developers to design and write code for student projects and exercises.
- Work with experts and developers to define learning outcomes, create content, write scripts, and develop rich learning experiences such as hands-on projects and interactive quizzes.
- Work with video producers and animators to create visually stunning learning experiences.
- Work with our Student Experience and Product Lead to iterate content and curriculum based on student feedback.
- Keep up to date with technological and industry advancements, changes and news, toensure curriculum is cutting edge and remains at the forefront of the online education industry.
- Team player with a passion for teaching and learning.
- Expert communicator in written and oral form.
- 40 hours of availability per week
- Experience with Python programming language.
- Experience teaching, mentoring, presenting, building curriculum or breaking down complex subjects into simple instructions
- Advanced skills (as evidenced in your education, employment, or projects) in mathematics or statistics.
- Financial market experience.
Nice to Have:
- PhD or Master’s level education in STEM field (or equivalent skill level from industry experience).
- Familiarity with modern pedagogical best practices (project-based, learning by doing).
- Expertise in algorithms, system design, optimization, and software engineering best practices.
- Technical research experience and publications demonstrating your capacity to push the boundaries of knowledge.
- Deep expertise in the areas of financial markets specifically quant trading..
- Experience shipping products / code to real users.
- Experience as a quant trader or researcher.