The MD-PhD CF will work directly with the MD-PhD Program Director and interact with program faculty, students, and staff to maximize the education, training, operations, and education research activities of the program, including:
- Develop, implement, and support academic and para-curricular activities that enhance the rigorous training and dynamic community of physician-scientists at Harvard and MIT
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing academic and para-curricular MD-PhD activities and establish a systematic approach to the collection and analysis of data to assess student and alumni outcomes
- Support MD-PhD program and school-wide student training and alumni engagement initiatives
- Collaborate on the advancement of MD-PhD education research studies, including academic publication and presentation.
- An earned M.D. or Ph.D. in biomedical sciences
- Institutional experience in medical and graduate education practices
- Postdoctoral research or teaching experience (preferred)
Job Skills and Competencies:
- Outstanding writing, oral, and organizational skills
- Project or program management skills
- Motivated, independent, and creative
- Collaborative in a team setting
- Excellent social skills
- Experience working with students, faculty, and administrators
The MD-PhD Curriculum Fellow is a member of the HMS Curriculum Fellows Program, a science education community that functions as a training program for early career scientist teachers while also contributing to the development and oversight of high quality, innovative graduate education at Harvard. Pedagogical training is incorporated into the fellow’s course- and program-based efforts and includes opportunities to design and conduct educational research projects.
CFs receive mentorship and career advising to support their development as educators throughout the duration of the appointment. The MD-PhD Curriculum Fellow position is particularly well suited for someone with Higher Education Administration career aspirations.