We are seeking to add a Curriculum Developer to be part of our Training and Development Team that is an expert in the design, development, and continuous improvement of curriculum. This position understands organizational strategy, the instructional content development cycle and is able to communicate project status, issues and resolution. The Curriculum Developer will design, integrate, test and deliver online and classroom training. This position will partner cross-functionally with business leaders, compliance and subject matter experts to assess needs and design/develop learning solutions.
The Job (The Big Stuff):
- Ability to work independently in designing organization-wide interactive online and classroom training experiences for Training & Development.
- Scope, design and develop engaging instructor led and online learning using adult learning principles, instructional design best practices, theories, and method.
- Develops and facilitates innovative, effective and timely curriculum and training programs utilizing a variety of creative resources such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, e-learning modules, and reference materials.
- Partner closely with Subject Matter Expert's to effectively assess and evaluate learning needs as inputs into course design.
- Leverage learning data insights and user feedback to recommend and make improvements.
- Work closely with business managers and other stakeholders in the development of clear project deliverables and timelines that ensure timely completion.
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer.
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, gamification etc).
- Effectively scope and manage projects from inception to completion.
- This position will also deliver identified RCU programs when needed.
What We Need From You:
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree.
- 5-7 years progressively responsible experience in training, education or related field including training coordination and delivery.
- Knowledgeable of instructional design methods and practices
- Proficient in course authoring tools (both instructor-led and on-line learning) such as Captivate, Storyline, and Camtasia, Articulate, etc.
- Strong program management proficiencies with excellent verbal and written communication skills