The primary function of the Global Curriculum Architect is to drive the Education content strategy and development in support of product launches, IMBP process and continued education content on a global basis. In this role, it is critical to implement interactive and experiential learning techniques that can be executed in a web-based environment. This role will collaborate closely with the following functions in order to translate the “book of knowledge” provided by the Core Development Team for both internal and external audiences; Global Therapy Marketing, Product Development, Program Management, Core Teams, Education Operations and Global Education Team members. This role is responsible for securing resources that promote innovate, efficient and effective methods of content creation which support cutting-edge adult learning principles with an emphasis on content that supports a virtual environment. Content creation is intended to support multiple deliverables for new product launches, CEV execution, Customer In-Service, P2P support, the ongoing demand for updating existing curriculum and continued education content.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, the Curriculum Architect will be expected to spend approximately 20-30% (% may vary depending on product launch cadence but will be determined by GEL- Global Education Leader) of their time supporting content delivery. This may include; didactic, hands-on training, virtual reality simulator training, clinical setting instruction and virtual classroom support for web-based courses. The expectation is that learnings from the classroom/field experience will reinforce the Curriculum Architects ability to produce content and methodologies that continually improve the student experience and retention. The CA will be expected to travel in the field, interacting with reps to understand best practices so that they can be replicated more broadly through training on a global scale.
This role requires a level of independent work and leadership skills required to drive deliverables and gain alignment across multiple functions as well as maintain an open channel of communication with Global Education Managers to ensure alignment. This role requires strong interpersonal skills to influence and gain support from team members where there is not a direct reporting relationship. The Curriculum Architect will drive the creation of Global content direction and define key deliverables designed to increase efficiency and improve our ability to execute consistent messages aligned with Marketing and Sales goals.
- In collaboration with multiple stakeholders, develops implements and executes new-employee and continuing education solutions through multiple channels to build field competence in the following areas: clinical competence, technical knowledge, SJM healthcare economic strategies, resource utilization and selling ability
- Updates education program content on a continuous basis to ensure training materials and delivery strategies are current and relevant to the needs of our internal and external customers. Publishes metrics to assess the effectiveness of educational programs and quickly implements changes if needed.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise, regulatory requirements and a general knowledge of the company’s products, markets and objectives as well as industry trends
- This role requires the Curriculum Architect to stay current on the latest learning techniques and innovate technologies that support virtual learning and adult education in a highly technical field. Participation in industry-sponsored continued education will be required.
- Strong project management skills are required to accurately represent project status and deliverables to the core team, key stakeholders and executive management.
- Resolves issues and meets project deadlines. Provide regular updates to management team and clearly outline barriers and potential issues that will impact deadlines and deliverables.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned and prioritized by GEL
- This role will support content development and customer engagement for CEV’s.
Impact this role will have on St. Jude Medical:
This role is critical to ensure we bring forward innovate, efficient and cutting edge methodologies to educate customers and employees on the safe and effective use of St. Jude Medical Technology. This role will support our ability to move towards a virtual experiential learning environment while maintaining the highest standards for learning. This role is designed to support Global Education by creating a standard set of deliverables which can be utilized and distributed for multiple purposes.
- Depth of expertise with advanced Therapy Concepts and knowledge of products across the therapy spectrum. (Arrhythmias example: Electrophysiology and CRM concepts, including the biophysics of ablation and the accompanying hardware including 3D Mapping Systems, EP Recording Systems, Intracardiac Echocardiography Systems, RF Ablation Generators and their associated disposable components).
- Minimum of 5 years of field experience/Instructorexperience in this therapy focus area
- Experience working with core teams and functional understanding of the R/D, Program Management and APS functions
- Understand the opportunities and challenges within the therapy space (Arrhythmia example: EP/Cath Lab disposable and capital sales process and the challenges and constraints of placing capital in the marketplace)
- Ability to apply fundamental concepts and practices to conduct needs assessment and design training programs
- Understanding and expertise in the technical aspects and application of current and new products
- Affinity for educating others
- Demonstrated ability to simplify and explain complex topics effectively and experience developing others
- Excellent computer and software skills (experience with Microsoft Office or equivalent required) in graphics, word-processing, databases, authoring programs, etc., to develop presentation materials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent technical aptitude
- Ingenuity and willingness to develop creative solutions to complex problems within defined constraints.
- Successful completion of therapy or industry-specific competency exams (Arrhythmias example: IBHRE exam for Electrophysiology and or CRM)
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to travel approximately 25-30%, including internationally
Your preferredqualifications and education:
- An advanced degree in a relevant discipline.
- Additional relevant professional certifications or designations.
- Experience creating multi-media content for web delivery