Current Product Manager
Reporting to the VP of Product Management & Marketing, the Current Product Manager is responsible for supporting Lead Product Managers with current product planning and execution. There is an emphasis on Product Lifecycle management, including: gathering and analyzing relevant data and trends and prioritizing product and portfolio choices.
Role will also support definition of customer requirements, helping to shape the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and to ensure revenue and earnings goals are met. The Current Product Manager's job also includes ensuring that the product portfolio is optimized in support of the company's overall strategy and goals.
The Current Product Manager is expected to:
- Work closely with the Core Product Managers for Hardware and Software/Solutions who have primary responsibility for their respective portfolios.
- Have an intimate understanding of the current core product portfolio, including scanners, software and accessories sold by Alaris.
- Knowledgeable with respect to the competition
- Define the product strategy and roadmaps for complementary offerings including accessories, software bundles and Alaris consumables.
- Support development of MRDs and PRDs with prioritized features and corresponding financial justification for assigned products.
- Create and present/defend business cases in support of recommended introductions, discontinuations, alliances or bundles.
- Set pricing for assigned products to meet revenue and profitability goals.
- Access Alaris systems and analyze historic data and forecasts to identify and action key trends/insights.
- Advocate for portfolio optimization/rationalization across all core Alaris products.
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities for software, accessories and connectors/bundles.
- As primary interface, coordinate and share detailed product and program information for assigned products with Sales Regions. Brief and train the sales force. Perform product demos to customers.
- A range of 5 to 10 years of experience in Technical Product role
- Familiarity and demonstrated success in defining and launching B2B products/solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or deep technical experience within relevant key product areas
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen
- Excellent teamwork/collaboration skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Must be able to travel 10 to 20% of the time