The Digital Factory is an innovation hub with a clear and well-supported mandate to transform the way banking technology is delivered, by re-imaging the customer experience, to deliver new digital value propositions. We have the support and experience of one of the world’s largest banks behind us and a talented, and growing, team of industry leaders driving us forward.
Do you want to help us reinvent how people bank? At the Scotiabank Digital Factory, we are passionate about transforming the customer experience.
We’re looking to fill our team with influencers, makers, creators and leaders who are flexible, curious, adventurous, versatile and responsive; and who are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment to get things done.
By joining our team, you will make an impact on our customers, the banking industry, and ultimately, the world.
About the Culture & Community Lead
The Culture & Community Lead is a key leader within the Design Community of Practice and the DigitalBanking organization at-large, responsible for building vehicles that drive a customer-obsessed culture and customer-driven product development across functional communities of practice and countries, and extending the influence of those communities externally.
What will you do in this role?
The Culture & Community Lead holds accountability across DigitalBanking’s global footprint and will undertake the following responsibilities:
- Be a champion of all Scotiabank customers within the DigitalBanking organization – with a direct responsibility for ensuring that the customer voice and their needs are broadly understood across all teams
- Build and manage a global support model to drive added customer value across Communities of Practice, working in collaboration with global and local CoP leaders
- Maintain a comprehensive change management & communications strategy to support DigitalBanking’s organizational goals
- Work closely with Design Strategy and Customer Advocacy groups to translate insights and opportunities into powerful artifacts and experiences for broad consumption and adoption
- Facilitate the flow of IP and integrated culture development throughout DigitalBanking through various programming & communications streams
- Partner with Scotiabank’s External Communications team to translate DigitalBanking’s evolving culture into communications activities that advance Scotiabank’s reputation as a digital leader
- Lead the Culture & Community team by being deeply collaborative, encouraging creative and conceptual problem solving.
- Manage a growing Culture & Community team, composed of change management, communications and events professionals; directly responsible for strategic planning of team, budgets and vendor partnerships as needed
Are you the right person for the role?
- You are authentic, decisive, resilient, highly-collaborative and results-oriented
- You deal well with ambiguity, taking smart and calculated risks and supporting others who do the same
- You are adept at leading through change and achieving outcomes through influencing others without direct authority
- You seek to understand and anticipate the perspectives of diverse stakeholders and uses that understanding to build mutually beneficial outcomes
- You are able to build trusted partnerships across multiple areas and geographies of Scotiabank and promotes collaboration to advance strategic plans and business goals
- You bring empathy and an un-biased viewpoint to all aspects of your work. You are an observer who can quickly identify themes and connections between different stakeholder groups
- You have a passion for solving complex problems while wearing multiple hats
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to act both strategically and tactically; providing long-range thought leadership on the future of DigitalBanking
- You’re a natural storyteller with the ability to craft and communicate compelling stories that add clarity and inspire passion in our mission
- You have a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get it done
- You have a passion for changing the way people bank and a willingness to live in the future and build what’s missing
- You are open, persuasive, engaging and love to have a good laugh.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- Experience leading and building high-performance teams in fast-paced evolving organizations; demonstrated ability to attract outstanding talent, and inspire/coach them to be their best.
- 10+ years’ experience in change management & communications
- BachelorDegree in Business, Organizational Behaviour, Communications or equivalent
- You have working knowledge in the use of technology and communications platforms to facilitate collaboration between cross-functional and geographically distributed teams
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- This isn't your typical "corporate" job. We work hard and we have fun!
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), 4 weeks of vacation, personal & sick days, paternity/maternity leave top-ups and much more.
Requisition ID: 18628