VKC is seeking an experienced cooking professional to help expand our growing business into new markets; helping local restaurants thrive in the delivery era. This role will primarily be to consult with our new restaurant partners in transforming their most popular menu items into a delivery-optimized format. The role requires deep knowledge of all cooking methods, cooling procedures, and best storage practices of different food types. There will be necessary cross-functional communication and collaboration with our sales and onboarding teams.
About the Role
- Lead restaurant partners through delivery-optimizing their most popular dishes
- Help prioritize and build an R&D queue for HQ culinary team
- Gather data to help expand and improve our culinary API
- Work cross-functionally between sales team, marketplace team, and operations team to successfully launch new restaurant brands to the VKC platform
- Must have 10 + years of food industry experience; catering experience is a plus; R&D experience a plus
- Thorough knowledge of a wide range of cuisines, cooking methods, flavors and textures, and culinary products
- Must understand scaled production techniques
- Must have a deep understanding of the local Health Codes and must be ServSafe certified
- Must be willing and able to travel to San Francisco and other new expansion markets outside of the greater Chicago area
- Must possess strong data collection and problem-solving skills within a culinary framework
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Growth mindset and strong sense of ownership for your work - be a self-starter!
- Ability to approach challenges with a first principles perspective
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- A delicious monthly delivery stipend.