The Chief Technology Officer will own Cambia’s consumer solutions technical vision, strategy and execution of our cloud-based consumer data science, advanced analytics and services platform.
Responsibilities & Requirements
In this role, you will:
- Ensure that Cambia has the appropriate consumer & cloud application engineering strategies, cloud security, services, organizational capabilities and technology solutions that enable the company’s business goals, strategies and imperatives
- Participate in organizational strategic planning. Prepare and present strategic plan components for consumer and cloud technology.
- Build cloud-based consumer technology, big data systems and APIs that can consume, service and scale data science insights and integrate consumer behavior & feedback.
- Provide for effective leadership of all elements of the cloud, consumer technology and advanced analytics function within to ensure efficiency and consumer satisfaction.
- Review and continuously improve the organization structure, as well as employee hiring, development, communication and compensation systems. Take measures to build teamwork, commitment to service and high-level performance within the company.
- Provide leadership in consumer and cloud technology developments and opportunities of value for consumer solutions. Build and lead cloud technology solutions that allow the organization to securely scale infrastructure by building out a thin layer of micro- services that all data science teams can utilize.
- Ability to quickly grasp the key business drivers in a consumer-oriented organization.
- Demonstrated adaptable nature with strong data and analytic orientation (test & learn); possess an advantageous view of where the market is headed from a product and consumer perspective.
- Demonstrated strategic thought leader who is well respected for his or her business and technical knowledge, create intellectual property including patents and the ability to “thing big, invent & simplify”. Credibility earned through strong track record for bias for action, “can-do” attitude, delivery and results.
- Ability to balance urgent and effective action, commitment to high standards, and taking initiative to data driven problem solving.
- Capable of executing short-term (tactical) and long term (strategic) plans.
- Ability to develop loyalty and commitment in others by articulating an appealing vision for the future, communicating high expectations, developing and mentoring direct reports, and setting an example in one’s own behavior.
- Ability to influence and achieve alignment across a range of different opinions and interests; experienced at building consensus within federated environments with a specific goal of evangelizing an organizational strategy across CDO and various Cambia divisions & companies.
- Demonstrated strong communication, listening, and negotiation skills; able to convey important messages in a clear and compelling manner.
- Demonstrated experience building a direct-to-consumer cloud technology capability and platform to support secure high volume and highly reliable consumer insights driven business operations
- Demonstrated experience leading change initiatives within large, complex, retail environments and must balance “hands-on” technology expertise with the ability to lead and manage teams.
- Senior leadership experience in large, complex organizations involving top level strategic planning and tactical management.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic and tactical decision environments.
- Demonstrated successful leadership experience in executive assignments characterized by high rates of change and intense consumer focus.
- Ability to demonstrate reasonable stability built on records of continuous success as measured by business results and personal achievement.
- Knowledge of advanced cloud technology as applied in consumer-oriented businesses.
The Chief Technology Officer for CSS would have a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field and at least and at least 15years’ of world-class engineering leadership experience with a track record of working with web, mobile, big data, Internet of Things (IoT) platforms of scale and cloud technologies or equivalent combination of education and experience.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforcediversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Requisition ID 2017-23482