We are looking for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to provide sound technical leadership in all aspects of our business. In this role you will communicate with Team Members, stakeholders and clients to ensure Rockford Construction technologies are used appropriately. Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts. Being an excellent communicator and public speaker, is essential to role.
This is a terrific opportunity to utilize your technology, organizational and interpersonal communication skills while being a part of a collaborative, fun team. If this sounds like you, we'd like to meet you.
- Strategy - Lead the development and ongoing maintenance of an IT platform that aligns with Rockford's strategic business goals by consistently assessing the needs of various departments; benchmarking and tracking new technology within our industry; recommending innovative, cutting edge solutions that support our service offerings; and enhancing company profitability.
- Innovation and Collaboration - Create a process for continuous improvement in technology by evaluating current manual and electronic process; maximizing efficiencies through integrated IT solutions and reduced "touches"; leading cross-functional teams and a process that assesses, pilots, trains and implements new technology, including improvements to current proprietary software (IRIS).
- Leadership - Build and maintain an efficient and effective IT department by recruiting, mentoring and managing a highly skilled team; structuring tasks, projects and deadlines to promote efficient delivery, and promoting a strong and responsive service culture.
- Functionality and Reliability - Ensure the reliability and security of all technology platforms and protect sensitive internal and external client information by supervising quality assurance processes, integration, and system tests; implementing network security systems; developing and implementing disaster and emergency recovery plans; and driving continual evaluation of current IT systems (hardware and software) along with recommendations on necessary upgrades.
- Financial responsibility- Implement cost effective technology solutions by establishing and managing an annual IT budget; tracking and evaluating licensing, purchases and vendor contracts; and ensuring cost effective solutions that appropriately balance first and long-term costs.
- Operations - Support the enforcement of technology processes and best practices by establishing and communicating company standards and policies for systems, equipment and software; identifying areas of non-compliance; and implementing improvement plans.
- Training - Provide leadership in the continuous improvement of technology skills of all team members by creating and implementing training opportunities for various roles, departments and software systems.
You must have:
- Proven experience as a CTO or similar leadership role in technology
- 10 years minimum of IT experience, preferably in a leadership role
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving aptitude
Bonus points for:
- Construction related technology experience
- Developing a software system or managing a large complex software system
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
- Background in designing/developing IT systems and planning IT implementation
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting and business operations
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities