The CSO Insights Manager, Research Projects & Studies is responsible for managing the execution of all CSO Insights research studies from concept stage to publication and fulfillment.
Specifically, the Manager works with stakeholders to organize a research project into its component phases and builds out/manages to a detailed study project plan The manager coordinates the efforts of all project team members from concept to data collection, analysis and ultimately publication and fulfillment. In addition, the Manager is responsible for administratively managing the Managing Editor and Content Manager Roles and coordinating the activities of contractpublishing, writing and editing resources.
Ultimately, the Manager is responsible for ensuring that all deliverables for a given research project are of high quality and delivered on time and within budget
- Meet quality, budget and timing goals for each study project
- Coordinate studies so that multiple studies may be conducted simultaneously. Create master publication calendar, share it with stakeholders, revise as appropriate
- Be resource to Miller Heiman Group Sales and Marketing to answer questions about research and provide insights on how to use it in their work.
- Represent the voice and perspective of the reader/consumer of CSO Insights assets.
- Manage studies through development life cycle from strategic planning to final delivery:
- Use project planning templates to develop a specific project plan
- Engage/communicate with all stakeholders and those responsible for execution of the project plan. Conduct project kick off, status meetings and after action reviews.
- Coordinate the creation of data collection tools with analysts and data manager. g. survey instruments, interview protocols and other methods, depending on deliverable.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to administer instruments. g. in-house administrator, external survey platform vendor, post-class evaluation manager, others as appropriate.
- Create and manage promotion plan: Write messaging, coordinate email campaigns, provide sellers with recruitment tools, create Marketing messaging and tools
- Manage creation of output/deliverables: templates, reports, online briefings, white papers, blog posts, presentations, data files, chart files, case studies.
- Manage fulfillment of deliverables to internal and external customers
- Work with Content Manager to store, archive and manage versions across all content repositories
- Manage asset creation for events, conferences and other instances where research is used to create an output.
- Manage asset creation for custom works created for clients.
- Lead Managing Editor and Content Manager positions: set clear performance expectations, provide feedback, recognition, create development plans and hold personnel accountable for performance
- BS in Business Admin, STEM, Sales, Marketing or equivalent degree
- 5+ years demonstrated track record in project managing product development projects
- 3-5+ years direct management experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Project and project management tools
- Demonstrated ability to work with research, data-driven offerings/products
- Direct experience with social science research a plus
- Salesexperience is a plus