Applies advanced subject matter knowledge in Information Technology to solve complex business issues related to the delivery of knowledge and services and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Familiar with the design principles used in the design of software application development, Business Architecture, IT systems, including Databases, Enterprise Search, Master Data, Structured XML Content Delivery, Content Transformations, Networking, Security, HA and Disaster recovery. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an master technical lead providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Will help define HP's ability to assist customers, partners and agents to solve problems quickly using highly targeted support information for troubleshooting product and service issues through the latest knowledge delivery platforms and industry leading smart services.
- HP Smart Content Program Solution Architect
- Architect custom solutions of project and program or operational scope.
- Architect reusable solutions of project or operational scope.
- Customize reusable solutions of project and program or operational scope.
- Capture and share architectural IP at the project and program level.
- Oversee the implementation and governance of architectures of project and program or operational scope.
- Contribute to the Architect profession worldwide and across HP businesses.
- Develop for client technically feasible long-term IT strategies and plans .
- Assess business impact of specific technologies/strategies .
- Identify and address technical or operational risks.
- Provide review/input on project activities for enterprise business unit level projects .
- Collaborates with the project manager to develop detailed project plans and work breakdown structures for enterprise business unit level projects. Estimate
- Collaborates with project managers from IT and System Integrators to determine the level of effort and appropriately budget for the scope of work required.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations at CEO/Executive Staff/CIO levels for medium to large opportunities (R) .
Education and Experience Required:
- Industry experience - 5 years to 10 years Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience. Master's degree desirable.
- Proven ability to provide technical leadership within a complex solution. Ability to deep dive and solve problems across multiple integrated applications and technologies.
- Proven ability to lead IT development efforts using a combination of leadership and Agile management methods to create winning solutions that meet business objectives, program schedules and budgets.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to understand the customer's business problem, need, or opportunity and to design an IS solution that appropriately addresses the business problem, need, or opportunity.
- Ability to lead a cross functional team of consultants, vendors, IT and Business Analyst in the completion of one or more architecture, capabilities, requirements, operational, or implementation deliverables. Ability to Lead and Motivate extended cross-functional consultants, vendors, IT and Business Analyst teams from multiple functions, disciplines and companies to create an effect virtual single team that is committed and passionate about the solution to be delivered.
- Ability to lead the architectural design, development, deployment, and technical quality of medium to large business unit level IT based solution (typically within multiple technology or specialty areas).
- Be able to provide architectural direction for multiple projects concurrently.
- Understands and applies information system or operational solution related modelling methods and tools.
- Can validate/evaluate if an information systems or operational architecture meets technical requirements and specifications .
- Familiar with multiple architectural, development and operational methodologies (e.g., Zachman, TOGAF, ITSM) .
- Applies appropriate methodologies and SME knowledge to resolve complex business issues. Including;
- Application and Development in Java/C#/Ruby, use of Agile development methods, XML, DITA and application of content transformations
- Knowledge & Experience with DITA Standards for information management, reuse and delivery a plus.
- Creation, application and management of Database technology for use in content and metadata delivery. (Oracle, MS SQL, MongoDB)
- Content Management capabilities and features for creation, management, translation and delivery of information (SDL Tridion).
- Application of search technology (Elastic Search).
- Services Gateway principles (AWS API Gateway, APIgee)
- · Management of Cyber Security concerns regarding authentication, authorization and encryption in transit and at rest.
- · Cloud IaaS/PaaS/SaaS technology for the deployment of containers, S3's for High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Backup and Elasticity.
- Ability to articulate business objectives and architectural strategy to development team members to insure productive outcomes.
- Identifies risks and challenges the customer should expect to encounter with the solution based on similar efforts done with other customers.
- Develops Architecture Specification deliverables that map customer business requirements into specific technology or operational recommendations.
- Ability to apply business management and financial concepts and general aspects of business contracts. Use this knowledge to analyze business needs and develop meaningful system or operational recommendations based on ROI.
- Ability to participate in and lead the POA (IT Planning Process) defining capabilities, user stories and work with IT, SI's and vendors to properly estimate the costs as part of the annual IT planning cycle.
- Ability to apply knowledge of how the industry uses IT to address business challenges using, for example, technical standards and infrastructure, cross-industry trends that impact IT investment, industry-specific roadmaps, and IT enablers.
- Ability to anticipate software delivery concerns and take appropriate actions to mitigate program risks for on time delivery.
- Deep IT industry knowledge in application development and integration.
- Understands future technology or operational trends as they relate to and support customer business requirements ("trusted advisor" role).
- Deep knowledge of IT and business standards and best practices in the area of Knowledge & Service delivery and how to apply them appropriately in solutions .
- Master level of knowledge of specific technologies, IT operations, or IT disciplines.
- Able to design solutions for accessibility, scalability, and availability.
- Ability to write Statements of Work for large solutions that span multiple technologies or operational areas.
- Ability to apply program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure the accomplishment of targeted goals for medium to large business unit level projects.
- Successfully works on project teams (individual success defined by how the organization works as a team, including resource and skill sharing across the organization)
Opportunity Pursuit :
- Able to play a leadership role in business development activities for evolving business opportunities.
- Lead in identifying, qualifying, and closing on business opportunities to help drive HP's objectives in to reduce Support Costs and improve Customer Experiences.
- Position HP offering against the competition to achieve the highest possible sNPS.
- Be able to provide HP with voice of the business partners both internal and external.
- Build rapport and trust with stakeholders.
- Demonstrates excellent consultative, solution selling and communication skills, including executive level communications when required to build support for key proposals.
- Collaborates effectively with the project manager to manage projects as necessary.
- Plays a leading role in the Architect profession.
- Makes consistent and ongoing contributions to HP knowledge systems.
- Makes formal recommendations to customers to improve the level of job satisfaction for other HP employees working on the project.
- Can contribute in the development of new HP services and modifications to the methodology.
- Assists in development and delivery of training.
- Participates in defining HP unit's processes, standards, and policies .
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, and persuasive communications for multiple audiences, including demonstrating effective writing and presentation skills, listening actively, and projecting a trustable image.
- Ability to articulate technical or operational problems or issues into understandable business terms.
- Able to design and present high-impact messages to senior level management.
- Able to use a wide variety of presentation tools to persuasively communicate complex messages to multiple audience levels, including senior level management.
- Ability to use prepared and create complete original materials to communicate with the stakeholders.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills.