- Buy and sell crude oil on a short-term and intermediate basis. Deliver incremental value to Suncor through speculative trading with defined limits;
- Conduct trading by contract with producers, other energy traders, and consumers within the organization's trading strategy guidelines, risk limits, and government regulations;
- Apply hedging strategies to optimize risk positions using futures, options, and otherfinancial and physical products as a service for customers and for internal hedging of deals;
- Identify new exposures and opportunities in the company's business, bring forward for review and execute around the approved strategy.
Experience and Education:
- Must have a Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a closely related field plus 5 years post baccalaureate experience in a closely related role supporting crude oil trading and marketing activities.
- Of therequiredexperience must have 3years’experiencein each of the following:
- Applying economic principles of energy and financial markets;
- Utilizing physical and financialtrading practices;
- Utilizing mathematics to effectively trade physical and financial positions;
- Developing and executing market calls;
- Calculating potential refinery arbitrages between various crude grades;
- Working with pipeline and tank crude oil logistics and associated costs;
- Calculating locational arbitrages;
- Experience managing crude supply for refineries;
- Working with at least 7 of the following crude types and qualities: WCS, WTI, Mars, LLS, CLK, UHC, LSB, and/or SYN;
- Inputting trades into the Commodity XL (CXL) trade system; complying with Risk Control and outside legal and regulatory requirements related to the trade of crude;
- Negotiating trades with producers, other energy traders, and consumers within the crude oil markets.
- Of therequiredexperience, must have 1year ofexperienceeach of the following:
- Trading Crude in North America or international markets; and
- Using CQG and ICE trading platforms
JOB NUMBER: 20721