Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it’s more than that. It’s smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you’ll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You’ll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you’ll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
Within Capital Group, North American Distribution (NAD) oversees sales and distribution for North America across various client groups including: individual investors, retirement plans and institutional clients. Their efforts are focused on positioning Capital Group as the active investment manager of choice, providing superior service, sales and marketing experience while broadening our business.
The Wholesaler will lead sales initiatives in the Cross Channel market, identify advisor needs, and coordinate efforts to serve those needs. More specifically, the Wholesaler will be responsible for managing American Funds Distributions presence and relationship with brokerage firm representatives. This individual will be charged with setting up these meetings and other related interactions; delivering motivational and informative presentations; soliciting and responding to phone calls and sales leads that these meetings generate; and proactively driving sales.
- Northern Virginia: Fairfax, Prince William and Loudon Counties. Also includes Richmond, Fredericksburg, Charlottesville, Winchester and Harrisonburg.
- Develops and executes a business plan for the territory that connects to American Funds’ goals as well as to the goals and objectives of the Division.
- Organizes the territory efficiently (e.g. properly zones and ranks offices, focusing on the top 20% and high potential offices; effectively schedules; utilizes the entire internal sales support team to include a dedicated Internal Wholesaler, one to one, and a support professional, one to two).
- Partners with the members of the Division to ensure a collective and integrated approach to planning and running the business
- Consistently works to identify key advisors and centers of influence
- Stays current on AFD’s business objectives and ensures management of the territory is aligned with those goals.
- Embraces the responsibility as the principal spokesperson for American Funds relative to retirement plan sales opportunities.
- 10+ Years of proven track record in third party distribution, a broad knowledge of the mutual fund business, retirement plan sales, and the demonstrated ability to build long-term relationships
- 10+ Years of a proven track record of Cross Channel sales success
- History of building and leading high performing teams to achieve stated objectives
- Proven effectiveness at building long-term partnerships with investment professionals
- The ability to think long-term, assess changing business conditions and risks, and pivot as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree (Relevant field of study)
- NASD series 7 and 63 securities licenses required (Clean compliance & U4 record required)
- Strong preference giving to candidates with one or more of any of the following designations: AIF, AIFA, PPC, CIMA, and CFA