About this position
The Sales Account Manager’s duties are a combination of sales, technical, and marketing responsibilities. This position is responsible to sell and grow the Crop Protection portfolio which specializes in fungicides, soil fumigants, and a plant growth regulator for the fruit, vegetable, and cereal markets. The candidate must be comfortable building relationships with distribution and growers, developing new markets, handling complaints, conducting efficacy trials, and assisting in regulatory efforts. The candidate must be experienced in crop protection sales and willing to be a versatile, multi-functional team player requiring minimal field support. The successful candidate will work out of a home-office located within their geographic territory(west coast territory to include California, Washington, Oregon, Arizona). Approximately 60%-75% travel is required.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Manage and grow territory sales by meeting budget
· Execute sales and marketing strategy developed by team · Develop strong relationships with all levels of distribution (regional office, branch locations, sales reps, PCAs)
· Provide technical support to distribution and growers
· Work with team to establish product pricing and value proposition for each product
· Communicate regularly with visit reports and market updates utilizing salesforce.com, email, OneNote, etc.
· Participate in sales activities including: customer visits, telephone contacts, trade shows, grower meetings, distribution sales meetings, research field days.
· Coordinate university and grower commercial research trials
· Understand state and federal regulations pertaining to products
· Support crop regulatory affairs (new product registration, new label expansion, registration renewal, ad hoc registration issues)
· Monitor market trends and competition.
· Identify new business development opportunities.
· Implement growth projects (new product development, new application, new label expansion, new territories) Essential Skills / Abilities
· B.S. degree required, within a Technical or Scientific discipline; advanced degree a plus
· 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
· Self-starting and results orientated
· Work independently with minimal field support
· Effectively communicate technical and value proposition details to distribution and growers
· Build and cultivate superior relationships with distributors, growers, and new prospects
· Understand the total agchem value chain, and identify growth opportunities
·Knowledgeable of crop protection industry, crops, pests
· Understand product registration process and related regulatory issues
· Willingness to frequent travel
· Computer proficiency in word, excel, Outlook email, powerpoint
· Willing to learn computer systems: salesforce.com, SAP sales report system
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.