Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) job in Biloxi, Mississippi.
- Any U.S. state license honored
- Monday-Friday days
- Civilian position on Keesler Air Force Base
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) Job Overview:
- Manage patient anesthesia experience, perform preoperative evaluations and preparations, administer monitored anesthesia care, regional and general anesthesia, monitor and manage patient reactions to anesthesia and surgery, manage fluid therapy, perform and manage invasive monitoring, and perform post-operative evaluations.
- Perform a pre-anesthetic assessment and evaluation of the patient.
- Includes obtaining an informed consent from the patient, requesting consultations and/or diagnostic studies and ordering pre-anesthetic medications.
- Develop and implement an anesthetic plan of care.
- Perform an assessment immediately prior to induction of anesthesia of the patient.
- Includes a review of the medical record with regard to completeness, pertinent laboratory data, time of administration and dosage of pre-anesthesia medication, together with an appraisal of any changes in the patient's condition from that noted on previous visits.
- Maintain the patient's physiologic homeostasis and corrects abnormal responses to the anesthesia and/or surgery.
- Collect and interpret patient physiological data by selecting, applying or inserting noninvasive monitoring modalities.
- Manage the patient's airway and pulmonary status.
- Manage the patient's emergence and recovery from anesthesia by maintaining homeostasis, providing relief from pain and anesthesia side effects and preventing and managing complications through selecting, obtaining, ordering and administrating medications, fluids or ventilator support.
- Record all pertinent events taking place during the introduction of, maintenance of and emergence from anesthesia, including the dosage and duration of all anesthetic agents, other drugs, intravenous fluids and blood or blood components on all patients that have received anesthesia care.
- Record post-anesthetic visits, including at least one note describing the presence or absence of anesthesia related complications of the procedure.
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) Job Qualifications:
- Masters Degree in Nursing
- Graduate from an academic program, approved by COA
- Certification: AANA or NBCRNA
- CRNA Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license. Any U.S. state or territory.
- 3 years in the last 4 years of experience