What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is partof BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Supervises mortgage loan closing activities and functions. Ensures balance between growth objectives and credit quality objectives of the Bank. Detects problems and develops solutions in a proactive manner. Monitors customer service standards by assisting with operational problem resolution. Manages employees by setting and assessing performance goals and establishing work schedules/priorities. Responsible for ensuring that the Bank complies with required laws and regulations.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervises Closing personnel in the day-to-day functions of Closing services.
- Keeps informed of trends and developments in local real estate markets as well as changing rules/regulations pertaining to both private, insured mortgages, FNMA/FHLMC, FHA, VA and RD.
- Administers all closing functions within the assigned organization. Ensures that all policies and procedures are aligned with corporate goals and initiatives and comply with regulatory guidelines.
- Ensures that all data is input into the system accurately and timely and that all applications have met regulatory requirements.
- Assists in the development/implementation of customer service standards. Provides written reports on service standards, including turnaround time.
- Keeps informed of rules and regulations as they pertain to RESPA, HMDA, Fair Lending Practices and all compliance regulations.
- Evaluates work flow procedures and implements changes to improve efficiencies. Ensures that all policies and procedures set by business unit are being followed.
- Creates and maintains follow-up procedures. Responsible for overseeing the training of new Closers to ensure accurate and consistent work flows are communicated. Provides direct back up for subordinates in closing. Reviews closing packages for completeness and accuracy.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
- Typically requires broad job knowledge of technical or operational practices within assigned discipline.
- Requires 5-7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage industry from point of sale through shipping as well as investor sales and requirements, including mortgage automated systems.
- Thorough knowledge of FHA, VA, RD, FNMA and FHLMC rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated bank product and service knowledge.
- Proven written and verbal communication.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Analytical and research skills.
- Team building.
- Compile statistics, prepare forecasts and recommendations.
- Effective decision making skills.
- PC Proficiency with Windows based software in Word, Outlook and Excel.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.