The Credit Supervisor will be responsible for a significant portion of East West Bank’s Commercial & Industrial (C&I) loanportfolio and all other counterparty and credit exposures for both new approvals and on a continuing basis in order to prevent or minimize loan losses; assist in the detection of deterioration in loan quality; and review and ensure that internal compliance objectives are met.
Strong leadership and executive presence required along with excellent presentation and communication skills. , as well as a passion for the business.
As we continue expanding our business, we are adding this position to support C&I businesses. The position will be based in Dallas, TX and will report to the Deputy Chief Credit Officer.
- Oversee the full range of managerial duties for the loan review, compliance, collections and credit analysis functions including adherence to policies and practices of the organization and applicable regulatory and governmental agencies. Serve as primary point of contact with all such agencies in the context of all matters pertaining to credit risk management.
- Review and monitor all loans for assurance of credit and collateral documentation, regulatory compliance and loan policy conformance; review technical exceptions and deficiencies; maintain reports of continued outstanding exceptions to the CCO and senior management.
- Identify problem loans, discuss the status of problem loans with the CCO and senior management and identify loans meeting non-accrual or charge-off criteria.
- Responsible for content and ownership of credit policies in C&I and other related policies. Evaluate and recommend policy changes based on compliance or loan reviews and the dissemination of other pertinent facts.
- Other job functions (duties that occur infrequently or on an inconsistent basis but are still important, e.g. specialized regulatory reports on an ad hoc basis)
- Bachelordegree in finance or accounting
- Completion of a formal commercial credit training program
- The ideal candidate will have 7+ years’ credit risk management experience in C&I/Asset Based Lending businesses and be experienced with various types of credit facilities and their inherent credit risks.
- The candidate should have experience in balancing credit risk perspective while taking into the commercial perspective into consideration. The candidate is expected to communicate effectively with senior management and with colleagues across the organization.
- Must have knowledge of BSA/AML/OFAC Laws/Regulations, understand how these obligations relate to his/her role, and comply with these laws and regulations
- Strong credit analytical skills
- Asset Based Lending experiencedesired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent partnership and management skills
- Problem solving/analysis