Credit Specialist I - Not for Profit Healthcare
The CSB Credit Specialist I is responsible for ensuring quality and compliance within an assigned portfolio, supporting new business development while applying credit risk policy and adhering to TDBG risk appetite. The CSB Credit Specialist I performs the credit underwriting and credit administration functions. The CSB Credit Specialist I works to achieve credit
management objectives within the team. The job works closely with the Relationship Manager and Credit Officer to ensure consistency with the TD Bank Group’s Risk Appetite Principles, including establishing the Borrower Risk Ratings
and Facility Risk Ratings for new and existing credit relationships.
• Performs in depth credit analysis in partnership with Relationship Manager on potential and existing customers to determine
alignment with TD Bank products/structure TD Credit Risk Appetite and credit policies/underwriting guidelines.
• Partners with the Relationship Manager on potential structure proposals that are in alignment with TD Bank products/structure, TD Credit Risk Appetite and credit policies/underwriting guidelines.
• Attends site visits and prospect/customer calls as needed or as requested.
• With support from the Credit Analyst, prepares credit applications for new and existing borrowers; Applications shall include new transactions, extensions, modifications, renewals and Annual Reviews.
• Ensures applications provide a high quality of risk assessment, credit structure, due diligence, and credit presentation and adhere to AIRB methodology and address TD Bank’s profitability objectives.
• Manages the timely approval, documentation preparation and negotiation, and closing of new and existing transactions.
• Is knowledgeable of and operates within the applicable regulatory and compliance guidelines/policies & procedures (including
but not limited to: AML, Privacy, Firewalls, Systems & Information Security, FCAC, etc.) and ensures that all staff complete required compliance attestations/training within required timelines.
• Ensures the managed portfolio is comprehensively monitored and controlled, adhering to and administered within approved
guidelines and in line with established operating policies and procedures.
Interprets and applies TD’s risk management strategy (both credit and operational).
• Understands changing market conditions and remain knowledgeable of relevant industry issues.
• Responsible for managing aspects of the customer relationship including, but not limited to, reviewing reports and delinquencies, signing off of covenant compliance forms and determining strategy if failures occur, completing monthly
monitoring; overseeing Credit Analysts that will provide support in these responsibilities.
• 4 year Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience; advanced degree in financial discipline preferred, other advanced
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in related field
• Strong credit underwriting and administration skills.
• Ability to identify and mitigate risk.
• Ability to provide value-add structuring alternatives for complex credits.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated understanding of business acumen.
• Solid interpersonal skills.
• Customer focused.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to problem solve in less complex situations
• Technologically proficient.
* Underwriting not for profit healthcare experience preferred