Credit Specialist Group Credit Specialist Team Leader I
Provide leadership to a team of BSA Commercial Specialistsresponsible for the execution of all components of the commercial Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/Anti-Money Laundering (AML)risk assessment process including client review, assessment, decision-making, and documentation. Lead communication with the Community Bank and Commercial Credit Administration (CCA), during theriskassessment and decision making process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Review and decision BSA Client Assessment submissions from the Community Bank based upon established Bank policy and procedures; and effectively convey decisions and actions to appropriate regional personnel in a well thought out and responsive manner. Responsible for an objective review, complete risk assessment, and thorough documentation for all clients.
2. Provide leadership to a team of BSA Commercial Specialists. This includes monitoring departmental workflow to both the completion of accurate and well-documented risk assessment process and maintaining overall responsiveness to the Community Bank within defined standards. Coordinate with the CSG Manager to evaluate potential escalations to CSG AML Specialists and BSA/AML Administration.
3. Conduct quality assurance for the Commercial Specialist process within CSG. This includes assessing individual CSG Commercial Specialist workflow and measuring quality against established critical to quality parameters. Coordinate with the CSG Manager to address any individual or team workflow that does not meet established standards.
4. Complete and maintain departmental operating procedures that document and outline all pertinent activities in the Commercial BSA Client Assessment Process. Support the development of business policy updates as identified by the CSG Manager and Chief BSA/AML Officer.
5. Develop and implement controls and governance consistent with both regulatory requirements and regulatory expectations. This includes requirements outlined in the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) BSA/AML Examination Manual.
6. Provide leadership for strategic projects as identified by the CSG Manager, Chief BSA/AML Officer or Executive Management.
7. Conduct Personal Development Plan (PDP) reviews, as required by BB&T Human Systems Policies.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or related field, or equivalent education and related training
2. Seven years of BSA/AML, lending, or credit experience
3. Experience in underwriting commercial loans to middle market, corporate and commercial real estate borrowers
4. Proven strong leadership skills
5. Strong analytical and decision making skills
6. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and facilitation skills
7. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
8. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Previous experience as a BB&T Credit Officer, PortfolioRisk Officer (PRO) Team Leader, or Credit Risk Review Officer
2. Previous experience approving commercial credit transactions
3. Knowledge of BB&T credit culture
4. Knowledge of BB&T standard software packages