If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The Credit Risk Review Manager is responsible for supporting the Credit Risk Review function through the assessment, on a loan specific or portfolio-wide basis, of credit quality and corresponding potential loan or other loss exposure for the various loan portfolios and activities which create credit risk. Monitor compliance with, and adequacy of, established business line and corporate policies.
1. Conduct credit risk reviews in accordance with CRR policy and procedures. Capable of managing all aspects of assigned reviews including planning, fieldwork and recommending appropriate ratings and formal recommendations as needed
2. Maintain specific areas of subject matter expertise (i.e. CRE, Treasury Investments, Residential Lending) and be responsible for the ongoing education of other department members in these areas.
3. Conduct ongoing/continuous monitoring of assigned portfolios per CRR Policy. Evaluate effectiveness of management processes in the various portfolios. Based on results, proactively recommend if change to review frequency is warranted
4. Regular interaction with business unit leaders.
5. As a review participant:
a. Use credit and financial information to verify the credit worthiness of existing borrowers. Assess adequacy of current risk ratings and accrual status.
b. Assess relationship manager/underwriter compliance with bank policy.
c. Verify the adequacy and completeness of credit files.
6. Provide consultative feedback to relationship managers/underwriters and unit managers relative to credit/loan quality issues arising from reviews.
7. Assist with the development and training of less experienced analysts.
1. Bachelor's degree in related field required.
2. 5-6years of relevant experience in credit analysis, quality control and/or credit review.
3. Detail oriented and able to work well independently and within deadlines.
4. Strong financial statement analysis skills within assigned disciplines.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. #LI-JW1