The position of Credit Risk Manager is established to oversee the staff and functions of the Credit Risk department. Maintain the highest quality service standards set by the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide managerial oversight of the activities of the credit risk function, including assigned staff and functional deliverables of the team.
- Demonstrate leadership in words and actions on a daily basis; act as role model for success and engagement. Create a positive work environment conducive to trust and transparency.
- Responsible for the performance management of staff, to include daily feedback, coaching and mentoring; administration of appraisals that are timely and meaningful. Identify and address deficiencies constructively. Continually support, encourage and motivate team members toward ongoing growth and development.
- Monitor approved schedules, review and approve timesheets of staff, and ensure all expenses are reported as per company policy. Schedule and provide staff the opportunity for meal and rest breaks, while ensuring operational coverage is maintained.
- Manage risk performance of credit portfolios and new products.
- Evaluate risk criteria for new programs or proposed changes to existing programs.
- Develop complex ad hoc risk and profitability management reports.
- Be a key player in creating a data-driven environment for pricing strategies and programs.
- Evaluate decisioning platforms and scoring models.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly portfolio and credit risk performance reports.
- Validate and perform back testing on large data sets.
- Identify risk exposure and risk factors.
- Perform analyses on the impact on policy decisions and portfolio strategy on risk; make recommendations to senior management based on projections.
- Calculate metrics and appropriately apply complex formulas to data.
- Prepare and update all internal procedure documentation.
- Provide management recommendations on process improvements and quality controls.
- Understand and stay current with regulations that relate directly to the management of assigned risks.
- Assist with the job functions and the career development of the Credit Risk Analyst.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- BS Degree with emphasis in Accounting, Finance, Economic, General Business or equivalent.
- One year in a supervisory and/or leadership role, to include planning and scheduling tasks.
- 3-5 years’ experience in credit risk management and analytics.
- Advanced level spreadsheet, database, word processing and presentation software skills. Expertise in SQL Server Management Studio or equivalent.
- Demonstrated success in planning, organizing, leading and oversight of people and activities.
- Professional and effective interaction, verbal and written communication skills.
- Organization skills sufficient to successfully manage multiple projects, establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Track record of applying critical thinking and emotional intelligence skills in a wide variety of situations.
- Knowledge of financial products and services, general ledger usage, and database management are required.
- Ability to work with and interpret multiple sources of data in order to provide management with accurate information.