Stripe is building a world class Credit Risk team with a goal of managing credit losses while supporting business growth. We are looking for a creative, smart, and driven individual to lead our North America credit risk team. In this role, you will build relationships with growth, upper middle market and enterprise companies, while managing Stripe’s exposure to credit risk. Candidates should have experience managing large user credit portfolios, building and deploying credit risk policies, and steering the organization to manage to a loss target.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical and interpersonal skills who is adept at engaging in risk conversations at multiple levels of the organization, including the C-suite as well as functional leaders. You will have in-depth understanding of payments credit risk, are well-versed in business valuations and can lead risk conversations with technology companies of all sizes in a highly consultative manner. Lastly, you enjoy building - you enjoy partnering closely with sales and product leaders to build core credit risk initiatives.
- Be responsible for managing Stripe’s North America large user credit risk portfolio, report on metrics, and manage the business within loss targets.
- Work directly with our top users to evaluate their business models and provide strategic credit decisions that mitigate Stripe’s exposure while facilitating partner company growth.
- Nurture deep, trusted partnerships with sales teams across Stripe to facilitate risk-aware decision-making.
- Be a culture carrier and possess an entrepreneurial mindset to successfully drive credit risk initiatives ranging from onboarding strategies to pricing analysis and product launches across Stripe.
- Roll out policies and procedures that drive efficiencies in credit underwriting, mitigation, monitoring and reporting.
- Partner closely with product teams to expand toolkit of risk mitigations
- Recruit and develop the large user credit risk team in US, CA and LATAM.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 10+ years of relevant experience within credit risk management, ideally at a high-growth technology and/or financial services company. Investment banking, management consulting and/or private equity experience will also be considered.
- 4+ years of direct people management experience
- Deep domain expertise in credit underwriting, business valuation, process optimization, and risk mitigation.
- A proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with sales leaders.
- An enthusiastic “roll up your sleeves” mentality.
- The ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving environment.
- An inclination to solve problems systematically via infrastructure and automation. A builder’s mindset with a willingness to question assumptions and conventional wisdom.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.