- Lead a team of Commercial underwriting staff and support personnel, including direct supervision and day-to-day management responsibilities for approximately 15-20 employees.
- Plan, control, strategize, and analyze forecasts and other pertinent MIS.
- Identify and analyze escalated problems and provide guidance to team members for resolution.
- Develop, refine and implement effective policies and procedures to ensure timely, accurate, cost effective and excellent service to our customers while conforming internal risk and fraud policy.
- Drive initiatives as needed to improve department effectiveness, including running meetings, identifying clear action plans and holding others accountable.
- Oversee high quality judgmental credit decisions with in-depth credit underwriting and operations knowledge and a solid understanding of regulatory and industry standards/practices.
- Oversees credit application process to include regulatory compliance, credit verification and determination of credit worthiness.
- Monitor daily MIS reports ensuring that deal pipeline is current and overall MIS is meeting partner and internal expectations.
- Ensure periodic credit reviews are completed on time and per standards.
- Applies analytical thinking and knowledge of credit analysis tools and methodologies.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Propositionexplains what we do and Citi Leadership Standardsexplain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required (Graduate School experience desired).
- Ten+ years Commercial Credit Analysis or Underwriting experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of credit policy, underwriting standards and banking regulations. Previous demonstrated ability to read and interpret commercial credit bureaus, analyze trade experience, and utilize external financial resources to underwrite commercial credit requests is required.
- Prior lending authority required.
- Previous management experience required.
- Corporate and merchant credit analysis skills.
- Experience in creating and implementing processes that result in improved business performance.
- Moody's MFA/Spreading experience.
- Strong process and project management skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong overall communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Proficient working knowledge of Windows, Excel and other basic PC programs.
- Multi-tasking in a high volume, fast paced environment required.