The Credit Risk Director is part of Comcast's credit risk organization that manages credit underwriting and portfolio risk mitigation across all Xfinity products. The primary focus of this role would be to own and manage credit risk processes and operational performance monitoring across all products. Helps optimize credit policy and eligibility on an on-going basis with the goal of increasing connects, minimizing credit losses and enhancing customer experience. Manages the day-to-day activities related to credit operations. Assists in development and meeting of departmental budget. Provides subject matter guidance to team members as required. Develops processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies.Past experience in credit risk is preferred. Risk management experience in relevant industries such as Telecommunications, Financial services etc., is strongly desired.Job DescriptionCore Responsibilities
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Develops and implements strategic plans for the department and markets the expertise of the departments as a collection resource.
- Manages usage of outside collection agencies and attorneys to control expense and collection costs. Determines to what extent litigation proceedings should be utilized; negotiates settlements where appropriate.
- Determines if records are complete to proceed for collection and/or litigation; determines most appropriate collection strategy considering size, age and type of account.
- Produces credit exposure reports, quarterly updates of credit exposure, credit-impaired transactions
- Manages corporate Credit & Collections staff which includes administration of performance appraisals, personnel selections, and recommendation of salary actions, transfers, disciplinary actions, and employee termination.
- Ensures compliance to all federal and state Fair Debt and Collection laws.
- Serves as department representative on credit-related committees and development projects.
- Develop annual department budgets and service charge-out methodology.
- Keeps up to date with information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.Education
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Bachelor's DegreeRelevant Work Experience
10 Years +