At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk, and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Group Operational Risk team drives reliable and repeatable approaches to operational risk management across Consumer Lending (CL) and Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation (PVSI). A key priority for the team is the consistent and value-added delivery of operational risk management programs dedicated to specific risk themes as well as facilitating solutions for cross-group wide opportunities. The objective of this team is to drive consistent and common reporting and analytic solutions across various operational risk programs including Third Party, Business Continuity, Information Security, RCSA/BPRM, Credit Bureau Reporting and Disputes, Issues Management, and Payments across CL and PVSI.
The person in the Credit Risk Analytics Consultant 4 - Risk Reporting and Analytics position will leverage analytical tools, methods, and industry best practices to help the business achieve operational excellence. They will identify operational and compliance risk gaps and prioritize and remediate these gaps.
Credit Risk Analytic Consultant responsibilities:
- Develop and enhance reporting across all operational risk programs. This requires a review and assessment of existing operational risk data sources across multiple platforms including data such as Audit & Regulatory Issues, Operational Losses, Credit Bureau Reporting & Disputes, Third Party, Payments, Process/Transactions, and Remediation.
- Review and analyze operational risk portfolio performance trends and participate in risk and business forums to present and communicate key trends and risks. Present to management and update on progress on the key reporting & analytics projects under their lead with recommendations for removing roadblocks, enhancing results, and/or accelerating delivery.
- Manage operational risk analytics and reporting with team members to provide guidance on objectives, timelines/resources, and desired results. Oversee analysis and quality. Develop presentations and recommendations for management.
- Research ways to enhance and identify current & emerging risk through the use of external data sources and new internal data sources.
- Review and assess the existing operational risk data platforms with the Business and Corporate Risk teams to identify opportunities to drive efficiencies, expand risk identification, and drive connectivity across operational risk data sources.
- Partner across the Group Operational Risk team and the Second Line Operational Risk teams to develop analytic and reporting solutions.
Preferred locations are Charlotte, NC - San Francisco, CA - West Des Moines, IA - Wilmington, DE; however other major CL/PVSI hubs may be considered.
- 7+ years of risk reporting experience, risk analytics experience, or a combination of both
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- A Master's degree or higher in operations research, applied statistics, economics, computer science, electrical engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of SQL or SAS experience
- Knowledge and understanding of consumer lending data and analytics
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 3+ years of management experience, in a risk environment
- 5+ years of credit, operational, or compliance risk experience
- 5+ years of consumer lending and/or retail banking experience
- 3+ years of experience with Tableau, or similar analytical visualization tool
- Previous experience with unsecured lending with a focus on credit cards or personal lines and loans
- Strong familiarity with reporting solutions including Tableau, MS SQL Server Reporting Solution, Visual Basic, and other relevant reporting tools to guide analysts
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with multiple levels of operations team members, including senior level managers
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time