This role resides within Corporate Risk in the Service Members Civil Relief Act (SCRA) Center of Excellence (COE). The mission of the SCRA COE is toensure enterprise-wide compliance with federal SCRA legislation. The person in this Credit Risk Analytics Consultant role will be responsible for SCRA analytics and reporting, leveraging analytics to synthesize insights from data to identify emerging risks. This Consultant will oversee the development of ongoing daily and monthly reporting and risk data management initiatives, as well as a wide variety of other risk management activities to manage operational risk, and improve compliance and customer satisfaction.
Specifically this Consultant will:
- Develop core SCRA reporting and analytics, leveraging internal risk databases and the Department of Defense Manpower Data Center database.
- Provide leadership to the ongoing transformation of the SCRA Center of Excellence to ensure we leverage data and analytics to comply with regulations and deliver for our military customers.
- Manage the ongoing development of reporting to proactively identify eligible service members and downstream business reporting to ensure benefits are applied.
- Work closely with SCRA COE leadership, partnering with internal and external business counterparts to develop and support analytical projects and process enhancements to decrease operational risk.
- Manage communication of critical risk insights through reporting and presenting to senior management regularly.
- Oversee complex assignments to identify and define strategic business issues that require analyses, and translate this information into insight, knowledge, and understanding of the business and the industry.
- Review/analyze trends, identify new methodology/data sources, and recommend strategy changes or process enhancements.
** Preferred locations are West Des Moines, IA - Charlotte, NC - San Francisco, CA - Wilmington, DE - Minneapolis, MN - Portland, OR - San Antonio, TX - Irvine, CA - Phoenix, AZ; however other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint will be considered.
- 7+ years of risk reporting experience, risk analytics experience, or a combination of both
- 5+ years of SAS programming experience
- 5+ years of SQL experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge of Servicemember Civil Relief Act (SCRA)
- Knowledge and understanding of risk management in financial services
- Experience in an operational risk analytics role
- Ability to work with complex data containing one-to-many or many-to-many relationships (e.g., customer level, account level, transaction level).
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, driven, and performance-oriented; strong work ethic and self-starter
- True team player and collaborator, translating prior knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships internally and externally
- Ability to lead complex analytics and reporting projects with a broad group of stakeholders
- Ability to partner and communicate with a diverse group of shareholders including risk, audit, legal, and regulatory partners
- Experience compiling and summarizing information in a compelling way that tells a story which can be shared with senior leaders within the organization
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - ability to team effectively with a diverse set of stakeholders inside and outside the Wells Fargo organization
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Knowledge of retail banking and loan products and systems