At Regions the DPO Specialized Associate I supports Specialized Debt Products Manager(s) in identifying and mitigating risks in existing and proposed debt products. As a member of the First Line of Defense, the individual will analyze new commercial credit opportunities, underwrite new or renewed credit exposure and manage a portfolio of loans and other credit relationships in conjunction with a Debt Products Manager. The successful candidate will gather information and perform in-depth research in order to identify, quantify and mitigate underwriting risk inherent in extending the bank’s capital. The candidate will be expected to develop strong working relationships with client management, internal teammates, credit officers, and other bankers.
- Preparation of credit packages (Prepares credit approval packages on new and renewed debt products including determination of the appropriate risk rating as well as risk factors that could change the risk rating, analysis of financial performance, performance vs. projections, covenant compliance, relationship profitability (RAROC), and any other significant riskdrivers.)
- Analysis of guarantors as needed to support credit underwriting.
- Assists the Debt Products Manager with review of loan documents pre-closing.
- Reviews closing due diligence in collaboration with and oversight by Debt Products Manager
- Maintenance of credit files including post- closing items (Actively manages financialreporting requirements, covenant requirements, past dues and documentation exceptions and ensures credit files are complete with all up to date information)
- Tickler implementation and maintenance
- Ongoing portfolio monitoring and servicing activities in conjunction with Shared Services support
- Validates the appropriate risk rating for a company and proactively identifies risk rating changes
- Identifies opportunities for exposure reduction or new opportunities within assigned portfolio
- Develops a strong working knowledge of and insures compliance with internal bank commercial loan policy, credit risk management policy, and external regulatory requirements documents any exceptions to policy and provides related rationale/mitigants
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
This position is incentive eligible.
- Bachelors degree
- Completion of a major corporate credit training program (or the equivalent corporate banking/corporate financeexperience)
- 2 to 3 years underwriting experience or financial services analysis and accounting experience
- Ability to competently complete credit packages and credit services agreements with management oversight
Skills and Competencies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and is able to multi-task
- Demonstrates analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to identify and voice issues
- Works collaboratively with multiple stakeholders