The Credit Portfolio Officer, a member of the Citi Private Bank (CPB) Risk Management team, is responsible for credit review, credit approval and pro-active portfolio management of the margin lending portfolio (Margin and Securities Backed Finance/MSBF).
- Coordinate with business partners to review and structure margin lending transactions.
- Perform risk assessment of securities for assigning appropriate loanable values and credit approval
- Exercise Credit Officer signing authority to approve credit facilities.
- Partner with Investment Finance and In-Business Risk to monitor margin lending portfolios in CBNA and CGMI / Pershing
- Support on-going monitoring of the portfolio to ensure compliance with corresponding product program and standards
- Collaborate with the Risk Reporting team to validate the accuracy of the various portfolio management reports
- Support the integration effort related to MSBF between CPB, Consumer Bank and ICG. Help identify opportunities to create consistency, synergy and leverage best practices
- Prepare risk management analysis and presentations to senior management, regulators, and internal and external auditors
- Assist with regional efforts for Risk to address new regulatory requirements
- Coordinate and assist with Internal Audit and FCR deliverables
- Establish and leverage cross-functional partnerships and network with key internal and external constituencies
- 6-10 years of experience in credit/market risk management, or equivalent training and experience
- Knowledge of margin lending and capital markets products
- Conversant with the risks in various security asset classes and derivatives
- Knowledge in market risk and the associated statistical models
- Knowledge of the interconnection between credit and market risk
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills in portfolio review and industry/company analysis
- Able to identify and document procedures and process flows, understand the end-to-end product risk management framework
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, advanced look and conditional formulas). Skilled user of Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Bloomberg and Adobe Standard.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Effectively communicate with multiple management levels, verbally and in writing
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred