The Credit Portfolio Manager I (CPM) is responsible to gather financial and general business information pertaining to customer and prospect loan requests. This job performs financial analyses needed to make credit decisions, contributes and provides input to group loan decision process based on evaluation of credit risk and other key factors and supports commercial banking team and recommends credit solutions that add value to the Customer.
• Gathers financial and general business information pertaining to customer and prospect loan requests, performs financial analyses needed to make credit decisions; Contributes and provides input to group loan decision process based on evaluation of credit risk and other key factors; Supports commercial banking team and recommends credit solutions that add value to the Customer
• Manages specific credit activities to ensure performance quality, consistency of underwriting and timeliness meets or exceeds Customer expectations; May manage overall analytical support and workflow production needs for a department
• Works on larger, more complex deals, mainly focused on Middle Market
• May manage and/or lead as well as create, develop and introduce commercial and credit-related initiatives
• Acts as a consultant to business lines regarding credit issues, processes and procedures
• Functions as a resource for business lines and works with senior management on various issues; managing expectations and negotiating timelines
• Partners with Lending/Credit Officers to address exceptions identified by internal/external auditors and/or examiners
• Performs periodic inspections at Customer sites to audit accounts and ensure adherence to loan agreements and terms; Takes appropriate action as necessary to correct deficiencies
• Coordinates with Account and Relationship Managers to perform routine financial analyses and credit investigations
• May communicates credit decisions to Relationship Managers and Account Managers
• Manages and oversees workflow and adherence to policy for department
• Participates in organizational cost benefit analysis and implementation
• Manages activities by creating and maintaining quantifiable service level standards against business performance
• Ensures timeliness of information and efficiency in process and workflow
• Maintains confidentiality of credit and customer information at all times
• May lead a team of Credit Analysts within a region or market
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years related experience
• Strong understanding of commercial business development techniques and credit decisions.
• Demonstrates business development track record
• Strong market presence with wide network of outside referral sources for new business
• Demonstrates credit and financial analysis skills
• Refined negotiation skills
• Demonstrates communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Demonstrates PC skills
Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
Valid Through: 2019-11-12